Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
read earlier that some say flowmasters can end up killing power...is this true, anyone have documentation of this? i recently put a american thunder catback on my 03 because i got it super cheap if flows kill power its comin off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
03GT said:
read earlier that some say flowmasters can end up killing power...is this true
Better than stock, but not as good as some others...Magnaflow, Dynomax, etc. Don't worry about it though. Unless you're making quite a bit more power than stock, you're picking a catback for sound. The power differences are incremental.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I have a american thunder and didnt loose any power :D.

But N\A i do have proof i LOST power by going from a flowmaster exhaust to a magna flow exhaust .THis was on my own car .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just a note...I had Flowmaster system #17267 on my 01GT, I lost HP...I dynoed less than what the stock GT's dyno at...That was my first mod, and it came off same week and replaced with Mac...Best sound yet, and most HP...Only down side..Not stainless steel!! Jay

·
Registered
131 Posts
i went from 40 series flows with stock tail pipes to 2.5" with no mufflers at all and went from 187 up to 201 but lost 9lbs. of torque. so they are obviously not "free flowing".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts