Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Vortech V2 supercharger on my 96 GT I also have a CXracing intercooler and was wondering if anyone has this same set up ! My question is I want to take it to get it dynoed and I want to be around 10 psi of boost but I dont know what size pulley to run to achieve this !! I was a 9 psi without the cooler and a 3.60" pulley !! Now I have the cooler and a 3.45" pulley and I know im not going to be near 10psi ! So does anyone know what size pulley will get me there ?!?!

· Registered
747 Posts
Do you have a powerpipe? A buddy of mine makes 9psi with a Vortech V2 SQ with 3.33 pulley and powerpipe through a 31x12x3 cxracing intercooler. I've seen some guys make 10psi with this same setup. Pedrocols runs a 3.25 pulley on a V2 and makes 10psi.

· Registered
144 Posts
If you are at 9psi I wouldnt be too concerned about picking up 1 more psi....youre talking like a 10 hp difference. Why not get it dyno'd with your current setup and see where your at so you have a base power/tq/psi range to start with?

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are at 9psi I wouldnt be too concerned about picking up 1 more psi....youre talking like a 10 hp difference. Why not get it dyno'd with your current setup and see where your at so you have a base power/tq/psi range to start with?
Thats the problem I was at 9psi before the intercooler ! I cant tell what im at now because the car isnt running right because I just put in stage II cams, A PI intake, Headers, ported and polished my NPI heads, BBK 78mm throttle body and plenium and 39# injectors ! so it needs tunned ! thats why I would like to be around 10psi so when I get it tu
ned i wont have to go back to get it retuned !

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a powerpipe? A buddy of mine makes 9psi with a Vortech V2 SQ with 3.33 pulley and powerpipe through a 31x12x3 cxracing intercooler. I've seen some guys make 10psi with this same setup. Pedrocols runs a 3.25 pulley on a V2 and makes 10psi.
No I dont have a power pipe ! and that is the same size cooler I have !! Thanks for the help !!! That puts me in the ballpark !!

· Registered
2,993 Posts
The stock 4.6 with a V2 (3.60) should make 10psi @ 6100rpm. A CX Racing will drop that down to about 7-8psi. A 3.33" pulley will bring it back to 10-11psi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.