Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, well the first time I went to the track with this car I got a [email protected] mph 1.9 60 foot time with a 2.80 pulley, magna flow catback, x pipe, diablo chip, and cold air intake and I think I accidently short shifted 2nd and 3rd . I thought my mph was kind of low so I thought maybe I was getting belt slippage. So I go and buy the steeda tensioner and put it on and noticed the car felt stronger in 2nd and 3rd gear, so I thought that for shure the next time I go I was going to get a better mph

So I go again to the track and the weather conditions werent as good as last time but they werent that bad just a little hot and humid. So I go and race and I still was only able to get a [email protected] 1.9 60 foot time this time Im pretty shure i didnt short shift. So at this point the only thing Im thinking is that maybe since this is my first manual car my third gear shift still isnt that good but no so bad, so maybe thats why my mph is low. Maybe with a better shift I'll get 116 mph or maybe even a 117.

So on the way back home I got on it a couple of times and noticed that when i shift into third gear my boost drops from13 to 11, is this normal?. So I decide to do the boost bypass mod and noticed that even though I chirp 2nd gear easier it still drops boost into third gear and Im seeing 14 pounds in fourth gear. So maybe my mph will rise with this new mod or what do you guys think it can be? Also I wasn't powershifting the car or anything

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
The boost drop is normal. My car will see 13.5ish in 3rd gear and 14 sometimes 15 in 4th and drop off to 12 by 6500. I think its just the ole heaton not doing the job.

Do you have an additional idler, i.e Billetflow or Metco?? Or is that the steeda tensioner you are reffering to? That could be some of your problem as well not having an idler.. I ran into ALOT of problems with the 2.80 and no idler.

Keeping the boost up, shifting aggresively is the key to running good times in these cars. If you can get out of the first 330ft good as well this usually translates into a good run. Everything starts at 60ft. Everytime you lift during a shift, you lose boost, and momemtum, which effects MPH and ET alot. Get good at powershifting and watch the MPH go up and the ET's drop.

To give you an idea. I watched my late friend sonic03 drive his car and he doesnt powershift to a [email protected] I jumped in, and I powershift and go [email protected] Its all in momemtum. Keep the blower spinnin and whinin

Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts