93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the track this week and my best run was
60 foot time 1.853
1/8= 7.797
mph 90.82
1/4 12.054
mph 116.51

My best mph was 116.79. I powershifted every gear except for 3rd. I feel like I could obtain a 1.7 60 foot time but was only able to get 2 run's in. What do you people think.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Depending on the Weather conditions your MPH could be ok or low..More info needed for better opinion..
Also did you dyno the car???

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
havent dynoed the car. Weater conditons felt a little humid and hot but nothing big to play a big factor but you never know. It was a little windy also. I also didnt ice the car down or nothin so the car didnt completely cool down from an hour in a half drive. But it did get like a 50 min brake.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
03black said:
havent dynoed the car. Weater conditons felt a little humid and hot but nothing big to play a big factor but you never know. It was a little windy also. I also didnt ice the car down or nothin so the car didnt completely cool down from an hour in a half drive. But it did get like a 50 min brake.
You should be making about 450rwhp..I'll bet in better conditions you would trap 118..With your 60ft and MPH ..If it were my car?? I'd be happy with the results..I'd just like to see more MPH in cooler Temps to be sure..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also I've noticed that the car sort of has a pause between shifts. I shift the car then it I have to wait for the power to come back. on. It only happens in 2nd and 3rd. But the wait is very very little. But I think its still hurting my times. I read on svt performance that some people have the same problem. They changed theyre plugs to ngk tr6 and the problem was fixed. I still have the stock plus. Should I look into these plugs

·
Registered
459 Posts
Stock plugs and plug gap w/ that much boost is probably hurting you at anything over 5500rpm. What RPM are you shifting at and do you use a shift light? You should be shifting between 6000 and 6200 but I'll preface that by saying I still don't know optimal shift RPM.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts