Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dome light won't turn off. I have to disconnect the battery so it won't drain it. This is so F#*%^$G annoying.

· Registered
1,035 Posts
So did you check to see if the head light switch has been turned all the way CW?

Also handy to know the MY of your car.

Does the head light reminder work?

Does the key minder work?

Has there been a recent radio install? If so, check the ground behind the center console. It's shared by the radio and the GEM.

· Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car is a 2001 gt. Even when you sit on the car and start the car the light still won't go out. Also when I activate the alarm it makes the warning sound if like the door or the trunk is open.

· Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I just put the car away for the winter so I try that when I start the car to warm it up or something. Thank you.

· Registered
2,993 Posts
The door switch is activated by the plastic roller on the bottom hinge. My roller broke apart and is no longer around the hinge. After awhile, the plastic roller gets dented in over time. I pulled the cartridge lamp out of the dome light, until I can think of a brilliant fix for it, without removing the entire door.

· Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The door switch is activated by the plastic roller on the bottom hinge. My roller broke apart and is no longer around the hinge. After awhile, the plastic roller gets dented in over time. I pulled the cartridge lamp out of the dome light, until I can think of a brilliant fix for it, without removing the entire door.
Well I put the car away for the winter but I will check on that before I put it back on the road. Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.