Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
LMAO, Eric the only thing I know of is..... That you can stick your key in the seatbelt latch and it will not ding until you put your seat belt back on. Try it. Should work.

Brandon

·
Registered
204 Posts
my stupid truck does that..what I have found is just push down the red part as if you are trying to take the seatbelt off and it turns the alarm off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Eric on the f-250s there is a plug under the seat that goes to the seat belt...i simply unplugged it and no more dinging....i think there were two plugs under there..one for the power seats and the other for the seat belt so just try one or the other....if you get the wrong one your seat want work hehehe so plug it up and unplug the other...hope this helps on your cobra....i would imagine they would be the same.

Justin

·
Registered
43 Posts
guys, guys, guys. Give me the year & model of your fords and i can get a procedure on how to eliminate the seat belt dinger.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sorry to preech....but I guess none of you have had family and friends die because they didn't where a seatbelt! :(

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Moon

My father owns a large collision repair shop and towing business, I have been around wrecked cars all my life. I have seen alot of bad wrecks, etc. Many times a seatbelt may have saved a person, but in some situations the seatbelt caused them to be hurt. I am kinda neutral on the matter. I generally always wear my seatbelt, but when I am creeping around town in my Cobra, I don't always, and the alarm is just annoying as hell to me.

Seatbelts are ok, Airbags are dangerous IMHO.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just like you said, seatbelts HURT people, crashes without a seatbelt KILL people.

And yes airbags suck WITHOUT a seatbelt. ;)

Be safe!

·
Registered
807 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
Hey Moon

My father owns a large collision repair shop and towing business, I have been around wrecked cars all my life. I have seen alot of bad wrecks, etc. Many times a seatbelt may have saved a person, but in some situations the seatbelt caused them to be hurt. I am kinda neutral on the matter. I generally always wear my seatbelt, but when I am creeping around town in my Cobra, I don't always, and the alarm is just annoying as hell to me.

Seatbelts are ok, Airbags are dangerous IMHO.
My 2002 expedition you simply press the red button once and it stopped.
The 04 cobra did not work that way.
Even worse is my mothers 04 ford taurus, when the passenger side seat detects weight the seatbelt alarm sounds untill BOTH belts are latched.

On a side note if it wasn't for my seatbelt and air bag I don't think I'd be able to type this.:beerchug:

·
Registered
80 Posts
This worked for me

The partking brake is set.
The car is in Park(automatic), Neutral(manual).
The ignition is OFF.
All doors are closed.
The driver's safety belt is un-buckled.
The parking and headlights are OFF.

1) Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START.
2) Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes).
Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!
3) Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
4) Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights.
5) Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.
6) Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt. This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled. Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds. Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete

·
Registered
158 Posts
That's a long procedure! I'm gonna have to try that! :blink: I wear my seatbelt most of the time. But, like stated above, cruising slowly around town i don't and that alarm is annoying!!! Nobody could have possibly made that procedure up to play a fast one on us eh???

·
Registered
158 Posts
I just noticed...i feel stupid!!!

·
Giggity,Giggity,Alright!
1,120 Posts
05BLUEGTCONV said:
I just noticed...i feel stupid!!!
Well, that is the correct sequence for the 99-04, yours may be different. Instructions should be in the owners manual under "belt minder"

·
Registered
8,894 Posts
J.P. said:
This worked for me

The partking brake is set.
The car is in Park(automatic), Neutral(manual).
The ignition is OFF.
All doors are closed.
The driver's safety belt is un-buckled.
The parking and headlights are OFF.

1) Turn the ignition switch to ON, but DO NOT START.
2) Wait for the safety belt warning light to go OFF(1-2 minutes).
Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds!
3) Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
4) Turn on the headlights, turn off the headlights.
5) Buckle, then un-buckle the driver's safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt un-buckled.
After step 5, the Safety Belt Warning Light will be turned on for 3 seconds.
6) Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning OFF, buckle then un-buckle the safety belt. This will disable the Belt Minder if it is currently enabled, or enable the Belt Minder if it is currently disabled. Confirmation of the disabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds. Confirmation of the enabling of the Belt Minder is provided by flashing the safety belt warning light 4 times per seconds for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the safety belt light off, then followed by flashing the safety belt light 4 times per second for 3 seconds again. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation of the Belt Minder procedure is complete
Wow, that process is so long it sounds like it could be a prank!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts