Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this isn't a sign of things to come on modded '03's:

Originally posted by tommygun
motor decided to loose compression on #3cyl today while cruising down the hwy. Pulled the plugs and all were oily and #3 the electrode was smashed down and covered in piston particles. Compression on all cylinders was 160+ and #3 came in at 40lbs.

BLUE CAR NOT SO FAST NOW :(

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Bad news for all? Probably not. TOMMYGUN had just had the head swap done and it sounds like the dealer screwed something up. Maybe the mechanic dropped somthing into the cylinder and it damaged the rings.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I'm sure that Ford has a lot of competent techs who can handle the job. I'm also just as sure that there are some who can't. It's gonna have to tick like a mofo before I'd let the dealer loose on my engine.

Bill

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Thats unfortunate. What kind of combo were you runnin??

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
oh my...

did you have any earlier indications?? was the car lean on the dyno. Seems kinda wierd. Are you seekin warranty?

·
Registered
10 Posts
2kbill said:
I'm sure that Ford has a lot of competent techs who can handle the job. I'm also just as sure that there are some who can't. It's gonna have to tick like a mofo before I'd let the dealer loose on my engine.

Bill
Same here bro!!.

·
Registered
285 Posts
You should have seen the techs face when I rolled in with a cloud of smoke behind the car, every tech in there looked at the car then the guy who worked on it. PRICELESS

BROKE7- my car only showed some signs of detonation after I picked it up from the cyl head replacement. That was with the chip in or out. It would detonate a bit on the 3-4 shift and then the top of 4th so who knows

·
Registered
23 Posts
lol, I bet something was partially clogging the injector. I hope you stocked the car back out before taking it in there and suddenly forgot what a chip does or where it goes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts