Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got a video of my car on the dyno.

(Anyway to embed videos on here? I'm a little slow sometimes)

I'm not admitting to what gas is in the car. My tuner would be mad. Let's just say I ran out of Torco....

This is also with the stock lower pulley and 3.8" Upper pulley. I datalogged the DownstreamACT, and it was 100-106*F. I'm not sure if this is the correct parameter, but this was on our 3rd pull in a row.

Dyno is a 224x Dynojet.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
car sounds really strong man!

curious how much boost do you see with that pulley combo? Thats not the crusher system right

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
S-L-O-W... my red car on jackstands would rip your bumper clean off :bottom:

Just messin' with ya Carlo... sounds badass for sho' :bigwink: Would that happen to be a MAC catback you have on your car... sounds a lot like my slow POS :rofl2:

Shannon

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys.

Your car still uses the regular Gen II inlet right? Those are some good numbers with the 3.8" upper.
Gen II inlet, modified a bit. :tip:

Would that happen to be a MAC catback you have on your car... sounds a lot like my slow POS :rofl2:

Shannon
Actually it's the Spintech 2.5". I have a solid rear, so it's that version. I'm a fan, but it's a bit too loud for me.

How much boost were you seeing?
When it was logged at Evolution it was 20.5, I'm seeing right around 21 on my gauge in the car.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Damn looks like your car is going to roll off the dyno/lift when you punch it!! Nice video.

Could you run 20 psi with pump gas if the timing is lowered, because im assuming you timing is set agressively.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Sounds real good Carlo!! I got to turn mine up a bit and see what happens this spring.

I need a video from the side to hear if the exhaust is louder then mine or not.

·
The Canadian Snowbra
1,847 Posts
That thing sounds unholy :rock: You're bound to have some fun with that setup-

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn looks like your car is going to roll off the dyno/lift when you punch it!! Nice video.

Could you run 20 psi with pump gas if the timing is lowered, because im assuming you timing is set agressively.
Who said that wasn't pump gas....:dunno2:

I made a full pull before that on straight 92 Octane Wawa gas. It was a little lower timing (2* lower) and it made 661/621. I turned up the timing and threw some 100 Sunoco in the tank, basically a 50/50 mix for that pull.

I've gotta email Lund the file and some more info, but I'll turn it up shortly.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dustin just brought up belt slip in the other 3.4L Crusher thread....

Could that be why my power dips up and down at the end there?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Awesome results. Are you using a Velocity stack with a scree on the MAF? I didnt see a filter just a larger opening with a screen.

·
Demented and old
5,322 Posts
great numbers, congrats-car wants to rip the dyno out:tip:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would of thought to see more at that psi?
On pump gas, with stock heads and stock cams? So we don't get confused, that's 712RWHP STD, 725 RWHP Uncorrected and 690 RWHP SAE. I'm not sure I've ever seen numbers that high outside of turbo setups for 20-21 psi, and especially not on pump gas.

Anyway I'm satisfied. I think with some more time playing with the tune and some more boost we'll have significantly more power.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts