Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any n\a guys used anderson, foxlake or livernois cams? If so what kind of # on a full bolt on car?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Rick @ AFM knows cam technology very well. I am running his cams, and have run them in the past with better than excellent results..

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Mark at Bullet is who I use. Great guy. Usually my heads spinning when I get off the phone with him.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I was going to initially......they had some impressive results....I do use their N/A Power Pipe......love it!

"ED"

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Bullet has a slow ramp, slowest for the mods I have seen, any advantage to that?
I only know of Crower, Comp and Crane with Bullet. Any others who actually grind their own cams? Waiting for the Trick Flow results for their heads which are suppoosed to be released before the heads(the data) and the cams available with the heads. TF did say that .550" was enough lift and more did not help but take that with a grain of your favorite.
Again I like the TF stage 2 cams for PI heads in Summit for $449. but Gregg said they were not the best for the TF heads but not why. I don't know enough to underestyand why a motor or head would not like a particular cam that has specs within the norm for the motor. 234* on intake is about all my 4.10, 3800rpm styall will handle.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Again I like the TF stage 2 cams for PI heads in Summit for $449. but Gregg said they were not the best for the TF heads but not why.
Because they were designed for PI heads...

I don't know enough to underestyand why a motor or head would not like a particular cam that has specs within the norm for the motor.
Its not necessarily that they won't work well, i.e. if cams work very well with PI heads they will work fine with the TF heads, just not optimal. The Hitech Stage II's are a very good example as they have more intake duration and lift for PI heads since the head has a better exhaust port than intake port. Hitech will likely need to come up with some new grinds to be optimal for the TF heads since the intake port is much stronger.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been doing some searches and found very good numbers with Hitech Stage II's and CMS Stage 2 N/A Cams. I guess they are the most popular choice, I don't hear much about the others. So i was just seeing if someone out there used (ie: anderson, foxlake or livernois cams) and how there #'s are?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Because they were designed for PI heads...

Its not necessarily that they won't work well, i.e. if cams work very well with PI heads they will work fine with the TF heads, just not optimal. The Hitech Stage II's are a very good example as they have more intake duration and lift for PI heads since the head has a better exhaust port than intake port. Hitech will likely need to come up with some new grinds to be optimal for the TF heads since the intake port is much stronger.
Because they were designed for PI heads says nothing. .580"/.580" & 234*/234* on a 114*LSA with 4* advance ground in is like almost every cam for any motor. It seems all cams have 4* ground in advanced. Comp-4*, Crower-4*, Crane-5*. Even cams for old 440 Chryslers have the same 4* advance, pushrod motors.
How about somebody who truly understands heads and cams says they are not optimal for the TF heads and WHY? I am asking this question to LEARN, not to argue with ANYONE. I'll wait for TF to have cams available for the TF heads. Just want to learn all I can as that is how I am:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Of course you've noticed that a lot of those cam grinds look very similar from manufacturer to manufacturer.....they don't necessarily do extensive testing for each combo, they just leverage the knowledge they already have and squirt out some new cams..... That why custom cams can sometimes mop the floor with off the shelf grinds....they have been more highly refined for a certain combination.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts