Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can I say, but I love the looks and feel of my Coupe. I had a 331 in it for the longest time and it was cool.

But while racing it one night I broke a Rocker arm. So I got a wild hair and decided to build a 438, carb'd stroker, backed with a 5 spd. G-Force.

I stripped out the interior and off to Chassis Jail it went.

I waited, waited, waited some more, had a baby girl, waited some more. Still no Stang.
A customer of mine bought an 04 Cobra and she wanted some goodies installed. After we were done, we got her 499 RWHP. She was happy. She mentioned that she wanted me to take the Cobra out for a test drive. We were just heading down the low traffic highway when she mentioned that I drive like her husband. I was driving it very conservative, not wanting to beat on her Cobra. She seemed disappointed so I grabbed the shifter, put it in 3rd and dropped the hammer!! The Eaton Roared to life and I ran it up to 6000, pulled 4th and ran it up to 6000 again, and then pushed 5th and just let it coast.....I WAS HOOKED!! She seemed a couple shades whiter. It was that moment that I decided to get me one of these!
Long story short, couldnt find one. Talking with friends of mine, I found this....

ZERO miles, NEW 04 Cobra Engine and Trans! WOOT!
While I was there, I bought some extra stuff.....

So I sold my 438, G-Force and told my Chassis guy to scratch all the plans of a CM 12 point cage and other things. I told him I just need to fit these under the Stang and I want it on its nuts.....

So after some cutting he sent me this picture.

I was stoked!! Now we are getting somewhere!!
But then I waited, waited, waited, My baby girl turned 2 and had another baby girl, and waited.

FINALLY!! The seas parted!! And I recieved this picture......

A little more waiting, and I finally got the Coupe Home!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After the Shock of having my Stang back. I got it on the lift and saw the GREAT work that was done on my Stang.

The stance is where I wanted it, although I will have to raise it a bit.

The HUGE SSBC brakes fit!

The Custom, One off, Aluminum tank is VERY COOL! ( I think Im gonna polish it!!)

The Rear meats fill the wheel wells perfect.

And the coil overs and rear end turned out very nice. (Ill get the paint out soon)

Hopefully, the Terminator heart will clear the underside of this hood.

and I can come up with a new color scheme...or leave it alone and just drive it.

Ill update with some new pics as I get stuff done.

THANKS to MF and its members for a very informative site!! You guys ROCK!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Very nice guy. If you ever need any help just shoot me a call:dunno2:

I think he plans just the basic boltons and keeping all the comforts just a nice 500+rwhp setup and A/C in a car he can drive anywhere.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice guy. If you ever need any help just shoot me a call:dunno2:

I think he plans just the basic boltons and keeping all the comforts just a nice 500+rwhp setup and A/C in a car he can drive anywhere.
Will do and thats it...for now. Maybe once I get it running and drive it awhile, Ill dig in. But for now, Im just looking forward to driving my Coupe again.

·
Registered
310 Posts
DUDE!!! Nicest car around here(cincinnati)!!!! BTW I got your A/C stuff ready to bring down to the shop.

·
Registered
18 Posts
coupe

Very nice ride,once youve been blown youll never go back. Who needs a big block.Those cobra motors are impressive.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DUDE!!! Nicest car around here(cincinnati)!!!! BTW I got your A/C stuff ready to bring down to the shop.
Thanks Joe!! Let me know whenever you need me to come pick it all up. I need to bring the hoods over to see if they will clear yours. After V-day, let me know what works for ya. Send me that link also!!

Very nice ride,once youve been blown youll never go back. Who needs a big block.Those cobra motors are impressive.
They are, but Ive had a 555 BB Chevy back in the day, it was pretty bad ass. Not at all streetable, but fun to race. Thats the main reason with choosing my current eng/trans combo. Im looking for 450+ to the wheels (for now), AC, PS and if I feel the need to drive it to FL, I can.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a few shots showing how far I need to go...

Original Black interior, looks a bit grey due to it being in the rafters of shop for over 1 1/2 years.

I just have to weld, grind some of these holes.

Im also ordering a set of these. Should cut down on some fabrication time.

Can anyone tell me why Im doing this again???:dumb:

·
Registered
18 Posts
coupe build

Can anyone tell me why Im doing this again??? Because your very sick,just like the resr of us,we just cant get enough HP or enough physical abuse (blood sweat and tears) and the passion from within, to leave anything alone. Always trying to make it just a little better or (bigger) My wife says its the walk softly and carry a big (schick) complex,HAHA . My shrink says I need more therapy. It definatly looks like your well on your way,looks like its going to be awsome,Dont worry about why youre doing it just (get er done). You can go for therapy later. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
very nice coupe.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Scott's stuff is awesome!!!!!
Im hoping so! I called him today and he said that I should have a set coming out to me tomorrow!

So today, I lowered the Eng/Trans out of the rafters and started to install some parts.

Im waiting on Justin (Fore Precision products) to send me out some fuel rails, Fuel hat AND one of their Bad Ass Rear covers and will install them as soon as I get em. So in the meantime, I turned to the interior to get my original Black pieces to clear these big ole tubs. Many many small cuts and I got one side just about done.

After all cuts are made, Ill clean everything up and install all the pieces. Im hoping my interior guy can section my back seat to make it look somewhat stock. If not, I have an old Vert backseat we are going to make fit.

More pics to come as I get time to work on this.
Thanks for looking,
Craig

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
So that motor is new and has never been fired? If its been sitting since 04 are you concerned the top end is dry? I am in a similar situation with my new cobra motor in that I am getting ready to fire it for the first time and its sat for over a year. Whats your plan? I have been seeing the cams locking up on several friends cars from possibly lack of oil uptop on first start?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So that motor is new and has never been fired? If its been sitting since 04 are you concerned the top end is dry? I am in a similar situation with my new cobra motor in that I am getting ready to fire it for the first time and its sat for over a year. Whats your plan? I have been seeing the cams locking up on several friends cars from possibly lack of oil uptop on first start?
To be honest. Ive never thought of it till now. I plan on getting the VCs powder coated so while I have them off Ill lube everything up and rotate the eng by hand. Probably not a bad idea to spray some lube into the cylinders before hand also.
If anyone has any ideas, post em up!

1 - 20 of 133 Posts