Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took the 5.0 to Dallas Raceway yesterday, it was a nice day but a lot of wind. I will only run this car how I drive it on the street, so all passes were made with full weight, and on 18" wheels all the way around. The same wheels and tires I drive it daily with. This car still has the stock 3.15 gears, stock converter, stock 6spd auto, stock motor, stockish fuel system, etc.. This car daily drives like a dream! It is very quiet, smooth, & gets good gas mileage. I truly enjoy driving it, even though I normally drive like a grandma. It usually won't see over 1,800rpm on a 20 mile drive to work. At 45mph in 6 gear it is like 1,100rpm, pretty much idles along barely touching the gas.
I originally planned on twins. I felt like I needed a tubular K member to build the way we planned. After a long wait, I had a conversation with Kenne Bell and shortly after I had a polished 3.6l liquid cooled blower on the car. Since this was the route, I decided to put American Racing Headers and H-pipe. The car already had a Magnaflow 3" street series catback.
So first pass down the 1/4 mile it spun a little and went [email protected], then it hooked good and went [email protected] and kind of short shifted 4th. So I adjusted the shift points a little and gave it a little more power out of the hole. It then went the best 60' which was 1.49 but bumped the limiter on a couple shifts so it went [email protected] again. At this point I was frustrated and ready to go, but the guys talked me into one more pass. So I dropped the shift points where it hit the limiter and it did perfect. It left hard did a 1.50 60', ran a [email protected] in the 1/8 and a [email protected] in the 1/4. I am super impressed with this car. Driving next to it or in it you would never know that much is done to it. When you floor it, all hell breaks loose.
BTW it made 760rwhp and 660rwtq thru the stock auto on 15psi with E-85 which is all I ever run.

· Registered
257 Posts
Thats pretty impressive for sure, what rear tires are you using you using?

· Registered
374 Posts
What tires and suspension setup, those are some awesome 60's and 1/4 times for how the car appears. Also can you elaborate on "stockish" fuel system supporting e85 at those power levels, that has me interested for sure.

· Registered
2,099 Posts
NIce times. WOndering as well what injectors you are running.

· Registered
338 Posts
Wow!!!! Any videos of the 9.91 pass?

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The car has billet lower control arms, double adj. upper with upgraded mount, stock springs, stock shocks & struts. It has the Ford Racing 18" GT500 loooking wheels that we cut the fronts down to 4.5" and widend the back to 12". It has Hoosier 335/30/18 drag radials.
Fuel system is a stock pump with a boost a pump, upgraded line, additional inline pump, adj. fp reg., with return line. Sounds like stock, you never hear it. It has 80lbs injectors that are almost maxed out with 60psi of base FP.
There is a video I just need to figure out how to load it. I will get that and the dyno sheet.

· Registered
756 Posts
First off, congrats on the 9, that is awesome! I have some questions for you.

How did you guys fit the 12" wheel? I'm assuming almost all of the extra inches went to the barrel of the wheel?

Did you have to modify the inner fenderwell at all?

Can you post a pic of the rear that show off the rear wheels?

Thanks...

· The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,319 Posts
That's a WOW!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.