Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll make a long story short-here goes--

1. trouble shifting from 4th gear to 5th gear-getting worse since about 4500 miles.--(the car is totally stock)

2. car now has 18,500 miles on the clock-time to put it in for a few other minor creaks and rattles

3. dealer agrees there is a problem-calls Ford rep.

4. tread depth not to Ford reps. liking-I have been abusing my cobra.-void the warantee

5. after hearing all this B.S. before from unfortunate souls like myself, I'm callin Mr. lawyer.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
That sucks

·
Registered
250 Posts
:damnit What Jimmy said! I just don't understand how they can assume on perception. You either have a warranty or not! If your car is stock then it seems they are being a little picky. There have been more than a few cases like this already. I smell :turd

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
I just don't understand how they can do this? There is no way. Keep us updated on what happens.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I don't understand. Don't they build these cars to go fast and for performance? What is Ford expecting? So does this mean that anyone who owns this car should not use the performace it offers (and was purchased for)? That sucks!!!!! Glad you got a lawyer.

Brandon

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Ford should offer us these cars without Warranty..For a Discount..Since they are not honoring it anyway..
Limited Warranty...yea right!!! They gave me a hard time with a Horn that didn't work...

·
Registered
90 Posts
This is why I bought my 03 more than 2.5hrs away. The 2 local SVT dealers are ASSHOLES (like yours). After I was done with salesman , I asked for the service department manager. What a wast of time that was, he had no idea what the 03 was all about!! Not even a catback was allowed.
In the end I got 2000 bucks less on my trade in for my GT , but they installed my 3.1 and chip!!
I was told these cars can run 450rwhp safely NO problems.

Hope things work out for you!!

Riaan:(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Id like to know how the hell you got 18,500 miles out of those F1, Im really a ***** with mine and at 8800 miles I'll be lucky to get 10gs out of them, I guess by those standards my warranty is really down the crapper:(

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would go to another SVT dealer. That is crap if you are totally stock. I would also call SVT and Ford to complain. If those all fail then the lawyer can give it a shot...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Each and everyone here should write a letter to Ford on the bad service we get on our Mustangs. Heck even other Fords like trucks.

I haven't been having any luck with Ford parts and service. It's like they want to wait until your out of warranty before they fix anything. It's a scam to make more money off us in my opinion.

John

·
Registered
447 Posts
You swapped out your new tires for your freinds used one's right? Do the tires have serial numbers on them? How can they tell they came on the car. Maybe you put older tires on for the summer and saved the good ones for the winter.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
bond99 said:
I'm callin Mr. lawyer.
Good for you! Get a lawyer and stomp their guts out.

I hope that those responsible for this disgraceful Ford warrantee policy grow incurable abscesses on their genitals, then spend all their money on 20 separate doctors in futile search of the cure...only to be told again and again that they have abused their sacks and have voided the warranty on their reproductive organs.

That would be justice.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I took mine in the other day because I finally got sick of listening to the rear end whine. First thing the service "advisor" did when the secretary called him over was roll his eyes :rolleyes:
Then he said it was normal for the rear to whine. I said "sure, if it was set up incorrectly". Eventually I got him to agree that it made more noise than it should but they would not do anything about it unless Ford comes out with a TSB for it. Near as I can see, Ford's warranty ain't worth :turd .
I was seriously considering trading my '99 in on a Mach I but no longer. I will not buy another new Ford until they honor their warranty. I also will be in the market for a new truck in a couple years. Unless things change it won't be a Ford. This from a life long (I'm 47) Ford customer. I hope they are happy with the money they save by not fixing my rear cause they just had two sales go :flush

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Man..that just plain s*[email protected]#$!!!

The whole oura of the Teminator is really getting bad with this voiding warranty crap.

Was this an SVT rep or just a Ford rep. I am hoping I will not have these probs with my Mach 1 at my local Ford dealer I bought the car from. I have to admit..I feel safer with my Mach 1 than my Cobra for these reasons...but who knows..they will probably do the same on my Mach 1 warranty too. Man..on a totally stock Cobra too...what the f*ck is with that!! Very sorry to hear this buddy.....you are right..fight this one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to hear about the B.S. your getting. Bringing it to a lawyer is the wise thing to do. Keep us in the loop and let us know how the :bs unravels.

·
Registered
156 Posts
That's bullshit, man. I think the dealer is blowing smoke. Call the SVT 800 number and ask about that.

·
Registered
352 Posts
So let me get this straight.

You got 18,000 on the odometer.

Your car comes stock with 390hp and shitload of torque.

Goodyear F1's have a treadwear rating at 300!! They should KNOW these tires wont last very long.

You got a case and i hope you stick it to them:shootbird

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK, so now I'm worried. I just took my Cobra into get an oil change and tires rotated at 10,000 miles. The techs commented on how incredibly bald my back tires were compared to my fronts, saying, "been having a little fun, have we?" (Of course they tried to sell me two tires for $900, which I denied.) Do I have to worry about them writing something into a report about the tires that will void my warranty down the road somewhere...?

·
1st Whipple in the 10's
2,685 Posts
First time a tech tells me "been having a little fun have we"

I will have a few things to say to him.

one will be go f yourself

The other will be get the f away from my car i am going to some other dealership

for god sake we did not buy a mini van. Didnt ford introduce this car at the auto show doing a big smoke burn out???? must be what its made to do. I would love to see them in cort telling me i was hard on my car so they cant fix it? ill bring up item A video of the auto show doing a burn out.

LMAO ford sucks at warrenty its a shame

·
Registered
71 Posts
Truly a pathetic situation.:(

My car gets less hassle on warranty work and I am far from stock, but a 03 Cobra, especially a stock one should be covered for anything on the so-called bulletproof drivetrain or anything else for that matter.

You spend $35000 on a car to get treated like that, I'd call SVT and tell them:shootbird

Good luck getting this warranty situation resolved, I know these posts are going to cost them sales.

Howard

1 - 20 of 38 Posts