Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well that's all I'm asking. Except for Pete and Strickly Performance,the GT with a Cobra Motor.:shocked I just felt like I had to get that out.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
I would think if you can get into the 10's without a KB that we should start seeing 10's from people with the KB once they learn how to handle the power. And this is in no way meant as disrespect to you because your times prove your one hell of a driver :).

I have been battling a tune myself and went from lean with a KB and stock inj to now running rich so im going to just up the boost and see if I can lean it up a tad. I plan on hitting the track mid aug but wont have DR's and it will be my first time so I dont expect to do very well.....that and from what I hear our local tracks have terrible track prep.

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish I could go to the shootout but I can't get off work and Ohio is a long trip for me to make especially if I break a halfshaft like I did in Atco. My wife didn't enjoy the cab ride to Philly to get a rental car and then me missing work to barrow my buddies truck and my other buddies trailer to get the car in Jersey on Monday night. And its only 3 hours from me not 7 to 8. So I won't be showing up for that one.:mad:

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like I said I can't get off work and if I could I would be there with bells on and coming home with some cash just like the Fun Ford in Virginia, where were all the keyboard racers that were suppose to be there?

·
Night Trains Daddy
1,569 Posts
Put in a solid axle...then you don't have to worry about it :)

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I think solid axles are for people who wanted a GT with some ground effects and some more horsepower. It also takes the Cobra out of the Cobra. Oh and I forgot it takes more skill to launch a IRS car compared to a solid axle car. I'm not as worried about the halfshaft as I said I can't get off work. Believe me I would be there no matter what if I had my way. And Stlblack03 how fast is that GT (I mean cobra) of yours?:jawdrop And blackcobra99va where were you at during the SSOTN race at Cecil, I believe I remember big SH*T coming from you before the race slick????????Did you get:vomit:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Now that I have a tune I am gonna find 10's one way or another, its just a stasrting tune but It should do the trick nicely.:D

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
F8LBITE said:
I think solid axles are for people who wanted a GT with some ground effects and some more horsepower. It also takes the Cobra out of the Cobra.
I agree to a degree, I think the T56 and IRS are whats makes the cobra a cobra, take that away and what do ya have besides a straight line frankencar?

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Also, it is alot harder to make a car that can run 10's in the 1/4 and then run with the best of them on an autoX or road coarse with nothing more but a change of the tires.

·
Pushrod Dinosaur
1,006 Posts
F8LBITE said:
......................And blackcobra99va where were you at during the SSOTN race at Cecil, I believe I remember big SH*T coming from you before the race slick????????Did you get:vomit:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeffy??? your turn!!!

gary

·
Registered
618 Posts
First time to the track with a tune wasn't the greatest first pass in second gear the car shut itself down, scared the piss out of me. Later found out I blew a fuse the damn boost a pump messed with it for awhile, turned it down and know problems anything over 30% will blow the fuses and possibly damage the the fuel pumps. still coasted to a 13.4 at 68mph. next pass granny shifting [email protected] taking it easy so I didn't brake anything. Hot lapped the car like you wouldn't belive just got back in line had maubee a 2-3 minute cooldown, but never tunred the car off, [email protected] wasn't hooking off the line at all 2.0, and 1.99 60 fts, best of the night was a [email protected] but grinded thrid and missed fourth, 1/8 mile was going 102 mph, with a 6.9. Would have continued but ran out of belts, I would have made it if I had more belts was getting more and more comfratable with te car each pass, and I will get it next week, thinking about bringing some et streets next week and 10 belts should do the trick! just letting you all know, its a whole new learning curve with this blower and tune , just takes time to master!:D

·
Registered
618 Posts
When you hot lap these cars the belts get gummy if you feek it after making a pass or 2 in a row you'll know what I mean, but I just need to let the car cool down a little in between runs.:D

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Haveight said:
When you hot lap these cars the belts get gummy if you feek it after making a pass or 2 in a row you'll know what I mean, but I just need to let the car cool down a little in between runs.:D
IMO.....that upper pulley you have on is shredding the belts ;)

--Joe

·
Registered
207 Posts
F8LBITE said:
I think solid axles are for people who wanted a GT with some ground effects and some more horsepower. It also takes the Cobra out of the Cobra. Oh and I forgot it takes more skill to launch a IRS car compared to a solid axle car. I'm not as worried about the halfshaft as I said I can't get off work. Believe me I would be there no matter what if I had my way. And Stlblack03 how fast is that GT (I mean cobra) of yours?:jawdrop And blackcobra99va where were you at during the SSOTN race at Cecil, I believe I remember big SH*T coming from you before the race slick????????Did you get:vomit:
I was there, I saw you in the JLP pit and realized it wasn't worth it whatsoever....Gary knows about that one LMAO :hammer

Jeff

1 - 20 of 50 Posts