Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do computer work in all the surrounding area, and I have one customer that has a network of Mac's. Before working on his system, I had very little experience messing with Macs. So far I have been able to fix every problem the guy has had.

Here is the problem I am having with one today. The Mac is running OS 9.2 (which seems buggier than Windows 98 IMHO). It takes this machine about three times longer to boot than it normally does. Once it does boot, none of the applications will run, Internet Explorer for example, the spashscreen will come up, but IE never comes up. Same thing for Photoshop, you double click it and nothing happens. When you try to shut the system down, it hangs. I think Finder is hanging it up there.

If I start with extensions disabled (holding the Shift key during bootup), the system still boots extremely slow, yet It will reboot with no problem.

Anyone have any ideas? I feel this thing needs the OS reloaded but he has tons of data than needs to be backed up, which is not a problem. We are planning on upgrading to OSX soon, I have no experience with that either, yet I am pretty decent in Linux,and I know the two are similiar.

HELP!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Pre os 10 macs were buggier then shit. But if you can pick up norton utils it will easily find and fix all problems with that. if it doesnt then you have memory issues. But norton will tell you if thats the case. OS 10 is a great os. It works differently then Linux, it is much closer to a BSD/Unix kernel. But you can get it to do anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts