Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I think I am gonna dyno my Lightning on Saturday to test out the race program. Gonna do it at Pruven Performance in Milford. So it anyone want to dyno or come watch you should. I hope to make it to the 500/600 club. :) If anyone wants to dyno and wants their phone number to make an appt let me know. Hope somebody will come join me. It has always been a good time when I go there and those guys have respect for you too. If anyone comes bring a digital camcorder I wanna put my runs on the site! Thanks, -Mat- :blob

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
What time are you going? I have to work friday night so i'll be dead tired ,if it's early enough though i can probably make it. I also have a DIGI cam for your runs, hell maybe i'll even dyno my 03 to see what it makes up here! Jay

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What time is early to you>??? Last time I went I think I went at 2:00 I am not sure what time they open so, I will have to call and find out. -Mat-

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Yeah that's a little too late in the day seeing i work from 8pm to 8am and need to be asleep before 1pm to be able to function at work.....Jay

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh you work on Saturdays also>??? Where do you work that has an 8pm to 8am shift>??? I bet you get a lot of hours in at the end of the week though. :) -Mat-

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
I work for Nothreast Graphics,we are the biggest commercial printing company on the east coast. I am a 2nd press operator,and yes those hours equal plenty of Extra pay when i work OT. The scheduale sux but i save lots of cash when i work weekends this is my time to save for the KB i want to add within the next 1-2 months. I still want to meet up whenever your all healed up lemme know when your feeling up to it bro.....Jay

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Alright sounds good. I am gonna be purchasing a KB in the near future also. So if you want a hand installing it, just let me know. My family owns two transmission shops(BPT and West Haven) so we can do it there. If you ever need a lift for anything either, just let me know we have 7 of them. :) You said you live near DQ, our shop in BPT is less then 5 minutes from you place. I def want to get together and do some cruising, as soon as I can drive my car again will we have to do it. -Mat-

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
I would go but i have to work as well. I can see if i can swing it and get out early. I work not very far from Pruven Maybe ill dyno the new 03 ;)

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Good stuff Mat i will definately enlist your help when the time comes..Same for you if ya ever need a hand i'm pretty handy with a wrench myself......Heal up quick man..I wanna go cruisin man.

Juiced....here's the list of Mods i have that you could lookinto getting....

2.93 amazon interchangable upper pulley system with a 2.76 also
Larocca's tuned autologic chip
Magnaflow cat back
UPR cold air kit
UPR off road x pipe
Pro 5.0 shifter

all this equaled 12.0's all day with shitty 60's at 119+ in the heat!

Cars getting a set of ET streets to pick up the 60..all said it's a mid to low 11' second ride with the street pulley....Haven't tried the 2.76 at the track yet though....made better #'s but still haven't tried it.

If you have any quesions lemme know i learned by asking,it's the way to go!

Jay

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Jay thanks. I still have my Autologic chip from the 96 so i will use that. What did LaRoccas charge you for the tune and such? I had my car tuned my Kauffmann motorsports in PA. I love those guys. They do an awsome job. I am looking into mods. Most likely going to start with a Magnaflow catback and some kind of CAI. What kind of power is your car making? How much boost? Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dave, call Pruven and make an appt. It is always great to start of with some Baseline HP and TQ numbers. I am sure the dyno sheet could help your tuner when he does the chip. -Mat-

·
Banned
1,265 Posts
Dave, The 2.96 made 455 rwhp & 471 lb/ft tq 13psi 11.6 A/F
The 2.76 made 461 rwhp & 491 lb/ft tq 15 psi 11.9 A/F

Price is 625 for chip and tune,but you already have the chip so you would only have to pay for tuning.Car is insane on the street with the 2.76...instant tire spin....If you want i'm off from work tommorrow if you want to check out the car and mods let me know.I'm in branford so i'm not that far away!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the ealiest I could get was 3pm. My brother is gonna take his Lightning too. Jim is supposed to be sending me a killer race program and hopes that I should pick up 40RWHP and an impressive amount of torque. :) Now lets see if the motor likes it or not. :p Should be fun if I can see that increase. -Mat-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts