Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the NX Ntercooler chiller kit that uses a Spray bar that has C02 cooler the intercooler to drop the inlet temps. I can't find anyone to fill C02 into a Nitrous Bottle. I've gone to 7 different welding shops and everyone tells me it needs a C02 Valve. I can't find anyone to put a C02 Valve on it. I call Nitrous express and they tell me that they have "never" had a problem with filling CO2 into their bottles. I've drove all around town and talked to all the big companies and said they don't have a fitting to do it. Nitrous express says that their valve is a common valve that is used in the entire medical industry and that the welding shops don't want to fill it with C02 cause it has a nitrous logo on the bottle.

I didn't want to use Nitrous because I was leary of overspray nitrous going into the inlet of the supercharger. With 35 psi I dont want to take a chance of that.

Can anyone give me any direction in what I should do?

·
Registered
388 Posts
try a paintball shop. They are a lot more lax on the rules and seem to be a little cheaper too. If you need to change the valve you should be able to do it yourself as long as the bottle is empty. Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

·
Registered
71 Posts
If your going to be using that set up, contact a gas company about a CO2 refill station. Paintball places will charge you an arm and a leg. I just bought a CO2 fill station and they put the correct pieces on it to fill NOS type bottles. The station was only about 60 bucks.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Nummys4.6 said:
If your going to be using that set up, contact a gas company about a CO2 refill station. Paintball places will charge you an arm and a leg. I just bought a CO2 fill station and they put the correct pieces on it to fill NOS type bottles. The station was only about 60 bucks.
check your pms

1 - 4 of 4 Posts