Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the NX Ntercooler chiller kit that uses a Spray bar that has C02 cooler the intercooler to drop the inlet temps. I can't find anyone to fill C02 into a Nitrous Bottle. I've gone to 7 different welding shops and everyone tells me it needs a C02 Valve. I can't find anyone to put a C02 Valve on it. I call Nitrous express and they tell me that they have "never" had a problem with filling CO2 into their bottles. I've drove all around town and talked to all the big companies and said they don't have a fitting to do it. Nitrous express says that their valve is a common valve that is used in the entire medical industry and that the welding shops don't want to fill it with C02 cause it has a nitrous logo on the bottle.

I didn't want to use Nitrous because I was leary of overspray nitrous going into the inlet of the supercharger. With 35 psi I dont want to take a chance of that.

Can anyone give me any direction in what I should do?

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Cant help with the issue, but where is the thing going to spray the c02? On the heat exchanger?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would just buy a 15Lb CO2 bottle. They are the same diameter as your NO2 bottle, but a little taller. It has to be pretty cheap since they use them everywhere for beer kegs and soft drinks. Then they wouldn't look at you twice when you went to fill it up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dave,
Contact a Gas supplier and maybe this will help your local nitrous filling station get into the game. it should pump and dump the same way as nitrous. you may even be able to dump it the same way as the pumpless nitrous and keep the mother bottle at the house. call me at modular madness if you need and I will tell you what you need to do
DOn

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I was able to get 2 C02 valves for $15.00 each and I slapped them in there. I got them filled no problems. The gas supplier that I got the valves from gave me the bottle stickers for the C02. Now the bottles don't look anywhere near a NOS bottle any more, and I wont have any problems getting them filled anymore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts