Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Explorer Street that I am getting Blown this spring/summer from http://www.explorerexpress.com I have so far just an Open Air filter, Gibson Ehaust, and Apten Burned Diablo Chip. My truck is an automatic, 4x4 that is pulling about 200 hp at the tires. I ran the dyno with stock breathing just after the Diablo chip install I was at 185.6 at the tires. So with the Exhaust installed 2.5 catback with Gibson Flow Muffler. That should free up about 15 hp give or take a little.

Now on to the S/C. Like I said I am making a trip out to California to have it installed at http://www.explorerexpress.com. Their numbers show their kit is adding 75 hp to the wheels! It is a Eaton m62 4th Gen, pushing 6 lbs of boost. I think they said that we will be using a Fuel Pump from a Lightning, new Injectors (I don't know the lbs yet), and lots of other replacments.

This is the blower kit:

This is my Explorer Street:

My Home Page is: http://stlouismtb.tripod.com

Well let me know what you think?!?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice, thanks for the info, could use one of those for my new Explorer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Well I guess this thread is dead!?!

J/K, I would like to be more involved on this site just can't seem to find anywhere to add my 2 cents.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does it come with an intercooler?The Eatons make some heat!Had one on my SC-281 Speedster.Pulley'd to make 14lbs!Good tq but broke a piston!
Kaz............:(

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
That is one impressive 4.0, Keep up the good work!!!

fear the family wagon!!! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do they make something for the 4.0 rangers too? I know it said that on the picture, but I haev yet to see these things one one. My ranger could maybe use something of this nature. How much?:blob

·
Registered
66 Posts
that is easily the nicest looking explorer on the planet.

good job.

i can't say much for the 4.0 sohc, but if you can make it work then more power to you.

damn you've got a nice explorer...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Didn't even really think of an explorer looking that way. But dam that is a fine looking piece of equipment. Nice job. I see you have had it at the track what kind of times so far? Keep us up on the blower and how it turns out.

·
Registered
406 Posts
So, have you had any problems with the timing chain tensioner yet? We've had two Exploders (98 & 00) with the 4.0 SUCK and both had repeated problems with the tensioners. After having the 98 repaired 4 times, we got tired of dealing with the pos and sold it. We then made a big mistake and bought an 00 with the same engine (sales guy told us Ford had taken care of the prob). Less than 8K later, we began to have the same problems. After five repair attempts and 30K miles, Ford replaced the engine. Well, 10K later on that one, the same problems began again. Happily, we just traded it in on something else.

No offense to you and your Explorer looks killer and I am sure it has balls. The 2drs with 3.73s and the 5 spd auto are actually pretty quick.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, I have never had that problem. This is my third Explorer in a row. All 4.O's. I drive them all pretty hard. I have over 90,xxx now but here is a pic for prof:

Thanks for the compliment too.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I hope you will have good luck with yours. I did enjoy driving our Sport with the 3.73s and 5 spd auto - full throttle upshifts at 6K, then hits the next gear around 5K and so on. Reminded me of a two stroke dirt bike that stays wound up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts