Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Secondary air injection system circuit malfunction, so if any of you had any experience please let me know what you did to fix it, and does the newer and pumps work on these or like the lincoln mark 8s?

· Premium Member
1,491 Posts
P0412 - Secondary Air Injection System (AIR) circuit malfunction
The PCM attempts to control when air is injected in the exhaust. The DTC indicates a Secondary Air injection system AIR circuit fault.

Possible causes:​
l​
AIR circuit open
l​
AIR bypass solenoid fault
l​
Damaged PCM
l​
AIR circuit short to power
l​
Solid state relay fault
l​
Damaged AIR pump

The AIR circuit is normally held high through the AIR bypass solenoid and SSR when the output driver is off. Therefore, a low AIR circuit indicates a driver is always onand a high circuit indicates an open in the PCM.

The first thing I'd do is pull out the fender liner and look to see if the pump and connections are all corroded. They take a beating. under there...

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I went under there and checked and followed all the lines to it, and they look in actually a good condition it even looks like its been replaces, and where is the selenoid located by the way?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.