Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried the Bassani Mid's yet? Any dyno results? How about the install?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I heard they are still in the testing phase right now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Paul's High Performance sells them. So do many others.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have installed the bassani , they are fine to install the right side had a little fit issue but they took care of it.
the dyno # are super, we mabe 18hp over stock mana. @ 16lbs boost, I dont think they are out yet, If so they just came out , they also sound awsome. nitro

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep,
They were just released while you were in FL.

I sent you a PM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Blown Cobra,

have you actually seen them in person? Several companies have been taking orders for months and Bassani just did a press release last week but said the actual header isn't out for another 2-4 weeks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was on the waiting list @ Paul's HP. I got a call from them last Thursday. They were ready to take my money and ship ASAP. Is Paul's HP a larger dealer of Bassani which is why they got first dibs? I don't know?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Does everyone think they are worth the cost for the headers and labor, or the PITA to install them yourself, 18 H/P doesnt impress me much, I am picking up my satin 03 this weekend and I have seen quite a few people making good power with the stock logs!!

G

·
All depends on what you want....if you add 18 hp plus 7 here and then 8 there and 12 here....it all adds up if you want the big numbers as the end result.

Lets say in the end you have 482 rwh.....man..that extra 18 horsepower sure would look better now in saying 500 rwh. Cause 482 just doesnt quite sound the same as 500 :D

Also you are not seeing the total gain across the whole rpm range in 1st 2nd and 3rd gears as you're going down the track.(Dyno's dont show that) It is well worth the money. Not saying you have to buy Bassani. Most headers are worth the investment.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Over at svtperformance someone posted some info that bassani released about their headers. Bassani said that it fits all 4.6L engines? But aren't the exhuast ports different? I thought these were going to be 03 specific?

G

·
KevinJKD said:
Over at svtperformance someone posted some info that bassani released about their headers. Bassani said that it fits all 4.6L engines? But aren't the exhuast ports different? I thought these were going to be 03 specific?
I dont think they will be specific for our 03's. The port match will be right on, for our 03's though. I am pretty sure they will have 2V and 4V available.

Something like that...

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Thanks. So, if someone was going to go with headers and they already have the bassani xpipe, what would be the best way to go? Bassani mid lengths or Long tubes and a shorty xpipe?

G

·
If you already have the Bassani X pipe...then the easiest way to go is with the Mid Length. I am pretty sure the long tubes dont work.

The best bet is to have the Bassani X pipe without cats and then order the header ends of the X pipe when you order the Mid Lengths.

I would think that even if you had the Bassani X pipe with the welded in cats, that you could have a shop set that up with some cutting and refitting.

I dont want to sound like I am pushing the Bassani. Cause I know the QMP setup and the JDM/Kooks setup work awesome too.

Who knows whats around the corner in the header world next for our cars!

I like the Bassani because of the setup I have now and they dont hang low because of the length.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
They were dyno tested at getting 21 additional RWHP. The flange on the 03 is larger than the 96-up models. They will work on the 96-up models. There is actually a 96 Cobra that has been driving around LA with them as a test mule.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm interested in the bassani mids for my 98.
I have fms shorty's,bassani cattedx pipe/catback.
I am making over 530rwhp,and 575 is just a tune away.

Does anyone know how much low end is gained vs shorty's.
Also besides power increase ,it will help keep the cylinders cooler, does anyone know of any tests that have been performed with shorty to long tube and egt temps?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I guess threads never die around here.

·
Registered
139 Posts
OKC03Cobra said:
I guess threads never die around here.
Never, as long as there's a Newbie and a Search button. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts