Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
9,417 Posts
Mat, didn't FIC provide injector characterization data for their injectors when you purchased them?

Ed

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes of course they came with data. I have found that using the provided data with aftermarket ecu tuning works well.

When tuning a 03/04 with the am2 processor. Using a sct injector value file data is the best way to go.

Just looking to see if anyone has had experience with using the FIC 12000 on a stock cobra ecu before I take the time to try.

·
Administrator
9,417 Posts
The 03/04 Cobra used an EEC-V PCM (processor) as delivered from Ford. Perhaps when you are referring to the am2 processor you are actually referring to the AMZ-1 and AMZ-2 strategies that Ford last delivered for the vehicle?

I am confused by your initial question,

Looking to see if anyone has used the Fuel injector clinic 1200 on 03/04 cobra with the SCT injector data they have for the injector? ...
followed up by your assertion that,

... Using a sct injector value file data is the best way to go ...
If you are confident that using the SCT injector value file is the best way to go, it is not clear why you are checking to see if anyone has used the SCT injector value file with the FIC branded 1200 cc injectors.

Accepting your assertion that the SCT value files are the best way to go, then deploying them and tweaking, as required, to finesse the injector's fuel delivery characteristics that you are looking for is a relatively straight forward process during your tuning event. Injector fuel delivery characteristics are adjustable just like any other metric in the EFI system. By using a value file that you have already determined to be the best starting point, your customization work to fit the injector's fuel delivery characteristics to what you have determined as optimum for your usage should be very straight forward requiring minimal effort on your part.

Ed

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes amz2 code I am taking about.

The data file I posted is from FIC not a SCT value file. So in my opinion it's not proven data.

Yes injector data is edit able but it's 100 times easier to tune with good data does this make sense?

·
Administrator
9,417 Posts
The FIC data is actual measured data they have obtained from flow testing the particular family of injectors you purchased from them. Their data is as good as any and better than most because it was tested on the injectors you purchased. Over time injector data can change if the manufacture (Siemans, Bosch etc.) make running design changes in their product. When that happens you will usually see injector characterization for the injectors distinguished by date of manufacture or an other readily identifiable marking like part number.

I would feel perfectly comfortable using the FIC data with your FIC injectors.

In the FWIW bucket there is always a small variance attributable to production tolerance stack up. That means as the tuner you have the opportunity to optimize the characterization data if you feel so inclined. The small differences I am talking about I have never seen affect the tune or drivability of the vehicle. Trust your FIC data. They actually put in a lot of effort measuring it and do an excellent job.

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts