·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody from here participate?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yo, Jimmy.....Smackdown, weather wise, went on without a hitch for a change. We had a decent turnout and the temp was about 60 degrees.

James Hensler was running consistent 9.30's and on the last run broke the driveshaft in two pieces. Shot out the driveshaft loop, broke the tranny and broke the bell. Tore the track up pretty good too.

No major mishaps or oil downs. Some of the locals had some thrown belts, valve and pushrod breakage.

My old car was there with the guys running 9.6x's all day long.

I took my cobra down the track only once on a leisurely pass, stero playing and launching like I was on the street, hehe. I only had time for that one pass, I was busy as a mofo. I went [email protected]

I let one of my friends, and my son take it down a couple of times. Best pass was 12.46 @ 116. That was with the traction control on and 2.1 60'. So I guess the power is there, just needs some more track time.

Two other 03's were there running mostly mid 12's. I did not have time to check out their mods.

Ben

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ben thank's for the repot..
Your car is making good power..Must of been good seeing your White Cobra doing well..You had it setup right..:D

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was there Uncle Jim, made about a dozen passes. Still trying to sort out my launch. All but two runs were in the 11's, blew the tires off the line on the 12 second passes. Ran a personal best of 11.541 @ 122.50mph with a 1.612 short time at TNT after Smackdown. Also got a new best short time of 1.573 on a 11.577 @ 121.29 pass against Zak97Cobra. A good time was had by all and Ben put on a first class event. Can't wait to go back again in the fall.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
snakecharmr99 said:
I was there Uncle Jim, made about a dozen passes. Still trying to sort out my launch. All but two runs were in the 11's, blew the tires off the line on the 12 second passes. Ran a personal best of 11.541 @ 122.50mph with a 1.612 short time at TNT after Smackdown. Also got a new best short time of 1.573 on a 11.577 @ 121.29 pass against Zak97Cobra. A good time was had by all and Ben put on a first class event. Can't wait to go back again in the fall.
No Doubt about Ben putting on good show.. You got that baby cookin. I'll race you at the Mod Shootout..
What is your setup,,,???
If it's a secret..E mail me...

then i'll post it anyway:lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
No secrets here, if it weren't for you guys I would probably still be running 13's.

Major mods are: Lightning pulley, Amazon Racing Diablo chip, Single blade throttle body (Accufab by Paul's), BBK longtubes and solid axle conversion with 3.90's.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to the Mod Motor Shootout, but I'm not too sure about racing you. I don't want to put a cage in my car and I don't want to get kicked out after my first 11 second pass. So I might just drive down in the hoopty and hang out to watch the big dogs run.

Take care, Bob a.k.a. snakecharmr99.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool Bob...Just come anyway..It will be best Event of the year..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts