Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already posted this on SVTPerformance.com....I will gladly take anyting i can get now. I ran the car today for the 1st time. I ran it on street tires 1st and pulled a 2.19 60ft. 1/8 mile was 8.3 @ 93mph and 1/4 was 12.6 @ 115. I figure ill put the drag radials on next time. Well the next 4 runs all were on Drag Radials and Consistent 12.6's around 114-115 mph. the 60ft times got no better than 2.19 that i got on street tires. I tried installing a set of slicks from a buddy but the damn things wouldnt fit. Tried every type of air pressure, launch technique, still same ET's. From what ive read w/ other peoples mods should be trapping alot higher than 115 and Et's should be a lil lower. Any ideas to what i can do???? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Jamie

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
2.19 60 fts will keep you in the mid 12's..You just need to keep practicing..I'll bet the track was not preeped too well.
Very hard to use any one method when track conditions change from one track visit to another.That's why i always slip the clutch a bit.You get a feel for the launch that way.

jim v.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi my last run of the day was a 12.2 @ 119. All i did was swap chips. I think i could have gotten an 11 today if i had 2 more passes. Oh well. Theres next week.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
119mph good... Did you vary your shift points..
I like shifting @ 6200...

jim v.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey Jamie , Like Jim said you will get better with slipping the clutch, you really have to rev it hi and slip it alot. you will get better, It was hard for me , I was taught not to slip it , but now you have to super slip it, My 60ft went from 1.98 to 1.80 just in slipping it harder. With a 3.10 and air filter, cat bk.
With all the other mobs and the t56 I went 1.58-.158 60ft, I like rev it to 5000 then the slip begins NO SHIT ! :)
thay were all done with drag radials.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
:D Pete leaves at 5000
;) Jim V. leaves at 3000

Pete gets 1.5 and 1.6 60fts
Jim V. gets 1.8 and 1.9 60fts

My man Pete owns his own shop :p
I still have stock clutch :cool:

U Da Man Pete

jim v.

G

·
Hey Uncle Jimmy....Pete still had his stock clutch in till a couple weeks ago when he went to the automatic. Really...all those runs and dynos on the stock clutch. Says something for the stock clutch.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Are U getting belt slip at all with your current combo, it seems with the 2.80 your car should make in the 470's, also what chip did U go to to get the better mph?? Any sound clips of the offroad X and mac Catback??

·
Registered
23 Posts
To Pete

So Pete do you set the rpms at 5000 before you leave or do run the rpms up as you leave and begin to slip the clutch. I guess I am wondering about your slipping technique. Thanks. Pete are you also going to be selling the Kenne Bell blowers?

·
400 Posts
Even With the bad 60 foot times you should have a higher mph.
With the 2.80 you should have close to or more then 120 mph. Does the car feel like it's falling over up top and not pulling hard in 4th?

Rick

·
Registered
661 Posts
Yes I will always be selling the kb blowers, And I bring the rpm up just before I leave, 4000-5000rpm, then slip her out, Just keep practicing, All about having fun, peace nitro

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont know how much this affected it but the temp outside was 67 and we had a 15-20mph headwind too. I was only gettin around 12 psi too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts