Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do a three inch exhaust on my swap without breaking the bank. I got a quote from 2 places on doing a custom system and they wanted ridiculous money, like almost as much as my supercharger money. So basically I'm just looking to see if anybody did a 3 inch exhaust on their modfox and see what you used. Any help/info would be appreciated...

FYI, I want to do longtubes, o/r h-pipe, and full tailpipes... I have an aje front end, flaming river shaft, and plan on getting the hpm conversion crossmember for my t56.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
mac makes a cat back in 3" for a fox and it actually fits pretty well and a h pipe shouldnt be that costly to build

·
Registered
131 Posts
3' Exhaust

I have the Bassani mid length headers and I used 2.5' MAC header extension and two J bends just to get it down running strait. Once i did this just got a 10' stick of 3" exhaust pipe cut in half leved it all out on both sides with the muffers about where the factor ones where and dumped them.

Cost me about $75 buck in material and $25 at the muffer shop to flare out the 2.5" to 3" and hangers. I just welded it all up but if you don't have a welder it should only cost you about $300 from the headers back i did it in about hour.

If you want some pictures PM me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to do a full system to tailpipes, I'll look into the mac catback. So far no luck in finding a 3 inch h-pipe...

·
Registered
131 Posts
exhaust

Your going to have too get all the exhaust from MAC or another brand and have it modified there not that different just need small cuts, bends and remounting of hangers.
I'm going to do this to my later but just want to get this project driving ton's of work and no play yet.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whats funny is mac doesn't make a 3 inch header h pipe combo for the 4.6, lol...

Everyone else only makes a 3inch x-pipe, but I hate the sound...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts