Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure nobody makes these and none of the big companies are willing to help me out.

I want a 3" offroad H-pipe, but nobody offers one for '03-'04 Machs or Cobras. I was just curious if anybody was able to find a company to make you one. My last resort is an X-pipe, but i'm not a big fan of the way they sound. I suppose w/ the right catback (Mac Flowpath) it might sound a little better. I could have a local shop make me one, but i'm also trying avoid this aswell because I could definately be overcharged. I need some help.

Thanks,

Cody

·
Registered
289 Posts
lots of shops can make 1 cheaper than an aftermarket,i made my first 1 from a gt midpipe then made the second of the first,now makin 1 like this

·
Registered
148 Posts
I Had one made for my mach as well. But not 3"in, but it shouldnt be a problem. Just go to a local shop that has a good reputation, and dont pay more than a aftermarket one would cost. After they make it and install it last but not least make sure there is no exhaust leaks and your golden! Good Luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Theres A Guy I Know Here In Town That Does Some Real Nice Exhaust Work. He Made My Exhaust On My 67 Stang. It Was A Custom H With Magnaflow Cat Back And Again I Say It Was All Custom From The Headers Back To The Tips. He's Real Decent As Far As Price. I Installed A Single Turbo On A Buddies Roush And It Needed A Custom Y Pipe From The Manifolds. He Made It With Material And Labor For 3 Bills. I Don'tknow How Far You Are But This Shop Is Here In Stafford Tx. I Mean There's Really Nothing To It As Far As Making The Custom Pipe It Just Needs To Be Measured Right For The Catback And The Headers.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about Catbacks sizes

I think i might've found a shop. They make Custom Headers for all sorts of racing applications. Thank God I live in Indiana where all of the High Performance shops are located.

As far as catbacks I am going to run a Mac catback, but how many of you guys are running a 3" system. I don't want my axle bottoming out on it, what do you guys think 2 1/2 or 3 ???? Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts