Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the claims of guys holding boost..I hear 15,16,17,18+ lbs..
I never seen this to be true on dyno....
Last dyno day i watched every Cobra with BOOST GAUGE..
Remember guys who think there holding boost,,don't watch boost gauge going 6200rpm's in 4th gear(140 MPH)

·
Registered
246 Posts
I always log my boost at each dyno session,these are my max.peak boost numbers that i have achieved while doing dyno runs with different pulley setups:

2.93 14 pounds

2.80 15 pounds

2.80 & 2 pound lower 16 pounds

2.80 & 4 pound lower 17 pounds

As you can see anything over 15 pounds of boost the efficiency of the blower is really going away,notice by adding the 4 pound lower with the 2.80 upper i only picked up 2 pounds of boost with it.I have tried the 100mm idler with all these setups but i prefer the 90mm idler for my car.Even with the idler pulley on my car it will lose 2 pounds of boost pretty much everytime from my peak boost numbers at high rpms!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I know what you mean JImmy, I hear all these guys say I dont have boost drop with either a 2.93 or 2.80 and I think as you do that they cant be watching their guage and in actuality do have dop, a buddy of mine with the RR2.76 and every other mod in the book installed Hiltons overlays and in 3rd gear the car goes up to about 14 but falls to a little over 12. We are installing the overlays in my car this weekend so we will be able to compare to cars with basically the same mods and see if they both drop the same. We'll see!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the 2.75RR pulley and when the outside temps are up it will hit 15 psi and by redline it will be down to 11-12. Over the past few weeks we have been blessed w/ some cooler weather (40-50 degrees). And i have done several 4th gear pulls on the highway and boost stayed steady at 15 psi all the way up to redline.

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
I didnt actually log mine but last trip to dyno I hooked up my trucks boost guage(still havent gotten one for car) and watched it hit 17psi and hold it until run was done.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shadowgray03 said:
I didnt actually log mine but last trip to dyno I hooked up my trucks boost guage(still havent gotten one for car) and watched it hit 17psi and hold it until run was done.
KenneBell or Eaton Blower????

·
Senior Citizen Member
5,058 Posts
My gauge-in-the-glove box went to 12 psi and fell to 11.5 psi on my dyno pull 5-31-03 with 93 F and 88% humidity.

A 4th gear pull on 10-1-03 yeilded 13 psi max, falling to about 12.5 psi, with about 78 F and 55% humidity.

Hi, High Roller Matt... met you at Bowling Green.

James

·
Registered
758 Posts
KB BOOST

I just got off the dyno at JBA's. I had a 3.25" upper and a 9.5"(8lb.) lower; I held 23lbs. to 6500 RPMs.

AMB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts