Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whos using fuelab stuff right now. Looking to possibly buy High eff. 1300 hp 41402 c. Needs to handle 800 rwh ts plus alitte juice on top, say 100 shot. Anybody?

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
that is what i plan on running and a glenns sleeper tank.

make sure you get the newest version of the pump. they are changing some of the electronics and should be released in 2-3 weeks they told me.

·
Registered
360 Posts
same here waiting on the new pump...

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
i am looking forward to this. not sure about the older design, but this new design has a wire to hook up to the ecm or i think the tps and the motor is regulated based on how much throttle you are using. i am hoping this keeps the noise of an external down while cruising or at idle. my 80's should be here this week as well. i won't have my return up and going for maybe a month though.

·
Registered
360 Posts
i am looking forward to this. not sure about the older design, but this new design has a wire to hook up to the ecm or i think the tps and the motor is regulated based on how much throttle you are using. i am hoping this keeps the noise of an external down while cruising or at idle. my 80's should be here this week as well. i won't have my return up and going for maybe a month though.
Any idea how much the new pump is going to cost?

http://thmotorsports.com/fuelab/fuelab_prodigy_fuel_pump_/41402cblk/i-215331.aspx

call them and see if they are going to sell it for the same price as the original prodigy. I will do the same tomorrow if i have time. You'll probably get yours going before i get mine. Let me know how it works for ya ok?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't think they are submersable.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Any idea how much the new pump is going to cost?

http://thmotorsports.com/fuelab/fuelab_prodigy_fuel_pump_/41402cblk/i-215331.aspx

call them and see if they are going to sell it for the same price as the original prodigy. I will do the same tomorrow if i have time. You'll probably get yours going before i get mine. Let me know how it works for ya ok?
i know Jared from lethal did a quick search and found them for liek $398. I figured there would be a big buy in for them, so i asked Jared if he would check into becoming a dealer since he would be more capable than I am. So I am getting mine from Lethal, but at my cost since I am a dealer for them. I didn't ask if the price would be different when I talked to Fuel Lab the other day. I will try and remember to give Fuel Lab a call today.

Either of you know if they're submersable?

Thanks,
KK
no.

·
Registered
360 Posts
^^^ Alright, cool... just let me know if ya find out anything. $398 isn't too bad either.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah my project is on hold, but at least ill be getting the new style pumps. I realy hope these things work as they say and are quiet. Just need to get all the an fittings together and map out route and size for glenns sump tank, 80's, fore rails and digt. pumps. owt

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
ok, talk to them a couple minutes ago..man, you guys are slacking. lol

fuel lab will not be producing anymore of the old style controllers. they are waiting on the new ones to come in and then will start production. so if you order from someone who has to order direct from Fuel Lab and does not have them in stock, there will be a backorder list until they have the production completed and fill the backorders. the pricing is going to remain the same as well.

also, you will be glad to hear...I asked them if their pump or new design will be quieter than like the A1000. He laughed at me...honestly. He said they already know from the original design it is a lot quieter. He said you can have it 2 feet away and have it running full throttle and carry on a conversation. he said they always have them running full time at the trade shows without issue.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I just installed one and it is in no way quieter than a a-1000. It did perform perfectly and never even got close to warm during 25 dyno pulls. If your buying it because its quiet, your not going to be happy. This one is wired to run full time, so in their defence it may be quieter at partial power?

·
Registered
360 Posts
ok, talk to them a couple minutes ago..man, you guys are slacking. lol.
Heck ya i'm slack'en man, i'm broke... I finally got my refund check from Six Speeds Inc. over a bad trans deal, so thats goin to the 3.4 fund.

I just installed one and it is in no way quieter than a a-1000. It did perform perfectly and never even got close to warm during 25 dyno pulls. If your buying it because its quiet, your not going to be happy. This one is wired to run full time, so in their defence it may be quieter at partial power?
Honestly the noise of the fuel pump doesn't really concern me at all. I'll have a whipple, loud exhaust, and i have subs. I don't think i'll worry about it too much, and plus while the car is running i'm sure it'll drown out the pump noise anyways.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
probably because you have it wired full time. i can see it full bore being loud, but if it isn't running full bore and you are cruising, you have the exhaust and music going.

either way, i wasn't buying it for it to be quiet.

·
Registered
412 Posts
probably because you have it wired full time. i can see it full bore being loud, but if it isn't running full bore and you are cruising, you have the exhaust and music going.

either way, i wasn't buying it for it to be quiet.
Doesnt this directly contradict what the guy at fuel labs told you on the phone?

also, you will be glad to hear...I asked them if their pump or new design will be quieter than like the A1000. He laughed at me...honestly. He said they already know from the original design it is a lot quieter. He said you can have it 2 feet away and have it running full throttle and carry on a conversation. he said they always have them running full time at the trade shows without issue.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Doesnt this directly contradict what the guy at fuel labs told you on the phone?
yup, unless i totally misunderstood what he was saying. but it sounded, almost word for word what i posted is what he told me. i will see monday if i can talk to someone else there and get their opinion and either edit my post and post up if it is different.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I thought these were going to make less noise? no

·
Registered
360 Posts
I thought these were going to make less noise? no
I honestly don't think they will be a loud pump, but i'm just going off of what TRBO VNM is sayin. I can almost guarantee they will be quieter than most pumps being used right now. If i'm wrong, well it wouldn't be the first time.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Is the fuel lab 1800 efi pump more reliable than a weldon 2345 with a controller? Or is the weldon 2345 pump streetable with a controller?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts