Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.............and returned it. Please respond if you have.

·
Registered
286 Posts
can you please explain?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Because the one I got from RPM Outlet was used. I am not a very picky person. I am also not a patient person. We had a trip planned for Rockingham and I bought the TB, a 4# lower from JDM and had JDM reburn my chip and I wanted to run so I installed it. It was only cosmetic problems that were not visible after the install. But, the TB has sticking problems. I was shocked to see how many are now saying they are having problems when they answered my post. If I had known so many had I would have went with Billet Flow. That and the fact my buddy complained about the sticking problem and the guy he bought it from basically told him to f^%$ himself. I did the install and he told him I f%^$ it up. He shouldn't have done that. I bought one and have not only the same problem but mine also sticks in the open position. I guess I wasn't holding my mouth right when I bolted it on the engine. Out of all the stuff I have bought for all the Cobras I've owned over the last few years, this one tops them all.

Don't buy from RPM Outlet.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Accufab got back with me. I spoke to George first and then John came into the office and I got to speak with him. Both are very nice gentlemen. They had asked me if I had spoken to RPM Outlet and they said I should have called. I had emailed them two days ago. It's apparent they are not going to email me back. I am sending my TB back to John tomorrow. I think he's upset but until he sees for himself, he can only take my word for it. I told him I had about 400 miles on the TB and he could only take my word that I didn't scratch the blade. He said he thought he could look at it and tell the history behind it. I'm sure the black residue and the worn places on the bore will indiacte a very used TB. I really can't wait till John sees it. I think RPM Outlet needs to have one stuck up their ass for reselling a part that had been returned. The TB looked like it had been on a car for 2-3K miles internally. The outside looked good.

John is going to take care of me and has made an offer above and beyond being fair. Personally, it's RPM that ought to be bending over.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Silver03Snake said:
Don't buy from RPM Outlet.
I'd just like to bring this back up to the top and reiterate such :D

They fuggin suck!

Now, my question is, did a do a booboo by buying an Accufab through KB? I'll have it next week. They told me I wouldn't have any issues with it, but now I'm scared :confused:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I installed a new TB that John at Accufab sent to me and it works perfectly.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Silver03Snake said:
I installed a new TB that John at Accufab sent to me and it works perfectly.
Mine was perfect also..I really didn't hear many complaints with the Accufab..It shouldn't be a problem with Customer sevice.
RPM Outlet always had a good reputation for customer service.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
VNOMSSS said:
Jimmy, you're not serious are you (about the customer service from RPM 'eh?)? LOL!
I can only speak from experiance of mine and others i know of.
I never had a problem with them.
We need to report the good and the bad.
If they continue to get people here and elsewhere upset?
They will loose buisness..I feel it's only fair to report it both ways.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think the main point is that if a company lies to multiple customers over and over again, regardless of any other service issue, good or bad, then this is grounds to classify them as a shoddy business who only cares about bottom line, and doesn't value that their customers is what makes them in the first place.

Sure, some companies have blemishes here and there, and most of the time no fault of their own, but this company has TONS of complaints about their customer service (and this includes EVERYTHING from point of contact to close of sale). This is not even mentioning how dirty they are when it comes to other dealers and manufacturers (I know a few manufacturers that would LOVE to see them pack up and get gone).

IMHO, as well as many others (not that I'm speaking for anyone else purposely), they are a complete annoyance in the automotive industry. Who wants to support a company such as this? Who cares if they've treated someone else right? They still have dirty tactics and continually treat many customers and companies and manufacturers completely wrong.

But, we each have our own opinions, and that's what makes life so enjoyable ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
DONT BUY THERE

THEY SOLD ME SOMETHING THAT WAS ON BACK ORDER AND I HAD TO DISPUTE THE CHARGE ON MY CREDIT CARD. AFTER 3 MONTHS OF ARGUEING WITH THEM I RECIEVED CREDIT FROM MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY NOT THEM!!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
And I thought I was the only one who had bad customer service from them. :vomit:
My opinion: they suck and George the answer man there is an arrogant ass. :mad:

I did get my money back but I would never ever give them my business again or a referral.

·
Registered
374 Posts
i got my bassani exhaust (catback and xpipe) from them and have no complaints...fast delivery, great price

sorry guys
m.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought my Bassani x-pipe and cat-back from RPM. They had the best price, they even gave me a better price than they advertised after I asked for a discount and they shipped it for free. It arrived at my door 3 days later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts