Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i feel like im too high up in the car, was thinking of some diffrent seats, anyone done this yet?? if so what did you go with

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Those look cool, but I will stick with the stockers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I remember a while back that Jimmy V was advertising a full set of '03 seats for sale. I think a friend of his swapped out their seats for something else so you may want to check with him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I changed the seats on my 98 twice, had Sparco Milano's that did sit lower and had thinner backs, then went to Cobra Sidewinders, which didn't give as much extra space as the Sparcos.

I'm in the process of changing the seats on the 03, going with Cobra Misano's........just waiting for them to come in and get recovered.......

Here's a picture of the Sparco Milano's

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
s281cobra, how did you like your Sparco's? I have been considering some for my car and would like some input.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ALLNTRL said:
s281cobra, how did you like your Sparco's? I have been considering some for my car and would like some input.

hmm.....after going back and forth..........I really do like the sparco's they're very supportive, and they hold you in the seat extremely well, but they are also very firm, they are not a comfort seat! the sidewinders are more comfortable and look better then the Sparco's but they do not hold you in the seat as well.

Of the seats I've tried, I'd have to rate the Misano's as the best, and the Sparco's above the Sidewinders.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Do they offer them in different width's? I'm a Big guy 6' 2" 270lbs. and I need a seat that is for a larger person. The stock '03 Cobra seats are just too damn small! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
ALLNTRL said:
Do they offer them in different width's? I'm a Big guy 6' 2" 270lbs. and I need a seat that is for a larger person. The stock '03 Cobra seats are just too damn small! :rolleyes:
no they don't.....you might look at the Cobra Daytonas or even the Cobra sidewinders, those seats are alot wider. That's my problem with the sidewinders they're too wide for me.

check
www.subesports.com

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just for clarification, can you retain all the power functions with these seats?

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Been though this last year with my 94 Cobra. Those OEM seats were probably the worst I've ever sat in. Here's what I learned.

The fabric on that Corbeau seat SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a lint magnet and wears very quickly. I have Carreras, but in custom black leather (I knew the fabric sucked). Nice seats, very supportive. I prefer the stock 03 seat though, much more comfortable. Maybe the Carreras would be better with the 6 way power base though, I've only used it on a manual slider which has no tilt adjustment for the bottom of the seat.

The Cobras are really nice, but are super expensive. More than Recaro's unless you get the the base seat w/no options.

Sparcos look nice for the money. Flowfit makes some decently priced seats as well.

Don't forget brackets. Some companies ream you for brackets.

If you want to sit lower, a Corbeau seat on their manual slider will do that for sure. Mine sat an inch or more lower than my stock seat. It will also give you another 4-5 inches of leg room (or more). If you try to keep the stock 6 way base with an aftermarket seat, you'll be sitting higher, since there will be a adapter bracket sandwiched between the new seat and the OEM base.

Koldblood: The only thing you could keep would be the 6-way power base. None of the inflatable stuff. Keeping the 6-way base is no good if you are after weight saving though..

I got leather Carreras with one full replacement slider and one adaptor bracket, shipped for $1500 in a group purchase on the Corral last year.

If you can find new leather seats for less, let me know. All my friends say I'm crazy and got ripped off. I told everyone of them they couldn't beat that price, that they'd pay nearly 2000 or more for aftermarket leather seats.

·
Registered
191 Posts
s281cobra, how is the width on the Misano's? Those are some awesome looking seats, what kind of money are we talking for a set of those? :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
ALLNTRL said:
s281cobra, how is the width on the Misano's? Those are some awesome looking seats, what kind of money are we talking for a set of those? :confused:
The width is pretty good, if you look at the backs, they're curved instead of squared off, so more people can fit better in these.

I just ordered my set, they run from around 899 to 1249 ea without brackets, then you can add the billet controls and alot of other options.

·
Registered
191 Posts
s281cobra said:
The width is pretty good, if you look at the backs, they're curved instead of squared off, so more people can fit better in these.

I just ordered my set, they run from around 899 to 1249 ea without brackets, then you can add the billet controls and alot of other options.
Thanks for the info. I'm going to check into those. :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts