Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone put a fuel pressure gauge on the car with stock injectors and the kenne bell?? with the boost a pump installed fuel pressure only went to 60 lbs not 85 like the kenne bell literature stated....just wondering if im the only one with this issue

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Hey Mike, couple of questions:

1. What is your boost-a-pump controller set at?
2. Have you checked the output voltage from the boost-a-pump?

For question 2, if you have a Fluke meter with MIN/MAX on it, you can use the MAX feature to detect the highest output from the BAP. MAX is also handy to test the MAF. :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
with the small pulley on..with the car under load..boost pump on max...50....voltage out of the bap was like 17.7

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Where were you taking the FP reading? The schrader valve on the passenger side fuel rail?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes...on the schrader valve on fuel rail

·
Yes...it can be done
3,140 Posts
Shouldn't the BAP output be a bit higher than 17.7V? 13.8V x 1.5 = 20.6V. Maybe KB would know. Call em:

(909) 941-6646

·
Registered
758 Posts
KB BOOST-A-PUMP FUEL PRESSURE

If you are not using the KB chip, the BOOST-A-PUMP will not work.

AMB

·
Registered
510 Posts
Re: KB BOOST-A-PUMP FUEL PRESSURE

AMB said:
If you are not using the KB chip, the BOOST-A-PUMP will not work.

AMB
I don't know how that could be true because its not like Kenne Bell is using any type of "special" programming in their chips. It seems like these problems are because of user error and not product error. I'd call Kenne Bell and ask them about the problem before saying this stuff.

·
Registered
758 Posts
KB BOOST-A-PUMP FUEL PRESSURE

I talked to KB and they said that they are using a special program to make the BOOST-A-PUMP work. If you are not using there chip the computer will sense the increse in pressure and reduse it back to the stock pressure.

AMB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts