Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mac cat back

Top, I don't have a sound clip, but we recently had a dyno day for Cobra's at my shop. Ten cars showed up with all different cat backs, most had Bassani or Magna Flow, one had the FR500 and one had Borla, My own car and Jimmy Vaccaro's car had Mac. At the end of the day most thought mine and Jimmy's sounded the best, but the best part was when I changed my Mac for another brand ,that we stock, and lost 7HP and 11lb ft. Bad business move for me but, the truth is the truth!! Joe @ Mustang Magic :shocked

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
magic maker - thanks for the insite... i know that jim has the 2.5" on his car, what size do you have on yours?

dont want to disclose the other brand, huh :rolleyes:?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Now thats telling it like it is, I am pretty sure I know what exhaust Joe is talking about, I assume Joe that both you and Jimmy V. ran Xpipes with your mac catbacks???? Offroad??

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as per joes sig... he is running a Kooks 3" high flow H Pipe... so i am also guessing he is going with a 3" Mac Catback... Joe, you want to clarify?...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mac cat back

Top; At the time of the Dyno day Jimmy and I both had Bassani catted X pipes and 2 1/2" Mac cat backs. When I'm finished experimenting with these F&$*#^g long tubes I'll go back to that set up. Joe

·
Registered
251 Posts
Re: Mac cat back

magic maker said:
Top; At the time of the Dyno day Jimmy and I both had Bassani catted X pipes and 2 1/2" Mac cat backs. When I'm finished experimenting with these F&$*#^g long tubes I'll go back to that set up. Joe
Whats the diff between the 2 1/2" over 3" in a modded 03? I mean if I went 2.8 pulley. CAI, MAF, Chip, TB, and LTs.. what would benefit more a 2 1/2" or 3" cross and catback? I'm still wondering but I don't have the $$$ to test everything out yet I want the most for my money and to plan for future improvements on the car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
TopRacer said:
Anyone have a audio clip of a MAC CatBack on an 03?
don't have a sound clip but do a search on here and svtperformance i know there is one.

the 2.5 mac has a great sound even with stock H

1 - 8 of 8 Posts