Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this a few months ago. I'm just looking for an update from everyone. Pretty much verts running under 13.99 require a cage or roll bar....that means all of us. With spring just around the corner, I wondered what everyone was planning to do.

Take care,

Kevin:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am checking around locally to see if I can have one custom made. I have talked with several shops including MM & KB and it does not sound like I will be seeing a "mass produced" version. If anybody knows someone making one, let me know so I don't have to spend the big $$$$ on custom work.

·
Registered
661 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pete, do you have any pictures of your vert cage set-up?

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
260 Posts
Show us some pics Pete... I'm in need of a cage...

Jayson

·
Banned
572 Posts
Obiefox said:
I asked this a few months ago. I'm just looking for an update from everyone. Pretty much verts running under 13.99 require a cage or roll bar....that means all of us. With spring just around the corner, I wondered what everyone was planning to do.

Take care,

Kevin:)
13.99 what ?
im in a vert and running in the 12's and no problems

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would say, you have been very lucky or the track you are racing is not NHRA. I checked with my local track and they said if I put a run in under 13.99 (per NHRA regs for convertables), I would need a roll bar. Nice times and I hope your luck continues.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Daryl B said:
I would say, you have been very lucky or the track you are racing is not NHRA. I checked with my local track and they said if I put a run in under 13.99 (per NHRA regs for convertables), I would need a roll bar. Nice times and I hope your luck continues.
I go to Gainsville (NHRA), and even with my crappy driving get mid, low 13's. I have never gotten a second look. There was several verts running mid 12's, no bar that didnt get booted. If you feel comfortable with the risk, spend the $20 and see if they boot ya.

jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts