Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just weighed the stock rims/tires this weekend because I swapped out to new rims/tires.

Stock non-chrome rims/tires = 53lbs

for a comparison (what I switched to):

(Front) Chrome AFS 18x9 + 275/35/18 Kuhmo Ecsta MX tires = 55lbs
(Rear) Chrome AFS 18x10.5 + 295/35/18 Kuhmo Ecsta MX tires = 61lbs

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Ok,,So that Combo adds 20lbs...I thought it would be more..
Thank's good info!!

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jim Vaccaro said:
Ok,,So that Combo adds 20lbs...I thought it would be more..
Thank's good info!!
Probably even less than 20lbs if you have stock crhome rims. I like the look of the 18's better but you end up moving weight out farther away from the hub and hence increase rotational mass, wonder how it will affect performance?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Shadowgray03 said:
Probably even less than 20lbs if you have stock crhome rims. I like the look of the 18's better but you end up moving weight out farther away from the hub and hence increase rotational mass, wonder how it will affect performance?
Not sure what it will do to my times at the track and I won't be able to do a direct comparison either because I also swapped a 2.93 pulley for a 2.8 pulley at the same time (a friend demodded his Cobra to sell it so I got a few of his goodies).

On the street though it seems to grip a bit better and has helped reduce the wheel spin that I used to get all the time at the top of first. Considering I can feel a bit more torque from the pulley/chip swap I think the rims were a good choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.