Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't seem to answer his calls. Anyone talked to him in the last week or so. I got lots of questions concerning my KB order. ....

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I am trying to find out what is going on with him. I have ordered my blower 2 weeks ago. It is currently sitting at KB ready to ship and they are waiting for him to pay for it so they can ship it per Victor. I am really upset that it has been ready to go for several days and nobody can find Pete to approve this even though I paid. If anybody knows a way to contact Pete I would really like to know what is going on.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Yeah I called his shop several times but no answers, I have noticed he doesnt use the net much any more, hope Pete isnt bailing on the 03 scene.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
BilletFlow said:
I called today.... they said Pete was on Vaca till Friday, should be back Monday :)
I don't have any problem with vendors usually. But if he does not release this order tomorrow by 4:00pm est I think that I am going to cancel payment and order it through some other more prompt business. I ordered $4,250 worth of parts 2-weeks ago and was promised I would have them in hand by last Friday. I have yet to see one thing. I have ordered stuff from several vendors since as recently as last Friday from Outrageous Performance and Summit Racing and with standard delivery which was USPS ground I received the parts on Monday.

Do I sound unreasonable?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I talked to Pete a few days ago and he said he was tired of all the shit talking ( like everbody saying they are faster than him). He also said that he wont have his 03 much longer! He said his new test car will be a 04. Didnt sound like he really cared about his 03 anymore at all.:(

·
Registered
207 Posts
toofast4u said:
I don't have any problem with vendors usually. But if he does not release this order tomorrow by 4:00pm est I think that I am going to cancel payment and order it through some other more prompt business. I ordered $4,250 worth of parts 2-weeks ago and was promised I would have them in hand by last Friday. I have yet to see one thing. I have ordered stuff from several vendors since as recently as last Friday from Outrageous Performance and Summit Racing and with standard delivery which was USPS ground I received the parts on Monday.

Do I sound unreasonable?
You don't sound unreasonable at all. At least you gave the order to him first. He didn't deliver so it's his loss..........

·
Registered
481 Posts
I talked to Pete the other day also... He stated that he doesnt want to get in the middle of anything that is said on here and that he hates all of the THIS vs. THAT B/S that went on with the board...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
boostin'03 said:
You guys really dont want your KB now, waiting is half the fun!;)
Boostin, I've got the KB, came in today. Thats why I need to speak to Pete cause I'm missing LOTS of stuff for it. No throttlebody, injectors he's suppose to send and other stuff. I'll call him Monday, but I dont want to have to wait to install much longer. Two KB's sitting in my garage and can't do anything with them............:(

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I have not talked to him in over a week. I heard the stories about him being on vacation in the islands, etc. But I know that someone did speak with him on the phone at his shop yesterday (Tuesday). So he's definately lurnking around.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
HAMMER said:
I heard the stories about him being on vacation in the islands, etc.
Originally he was going to Hawaii to install and tune 03snakes cars he has two getting the KB. That has changed.

G

·
HAMMER said:
I have not talked to him in over a week. I heard the stories about him being on vacation in the islands, etc. But I know that someone did speak with him on the phone at his shop yesterday (Tuesday). So he's definately lurnking around.
Tuesday?... I also called Tuesday... they said he wasn't there....I do not like being lied to :mad:

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
BilletFlow said:
Tuesday?... I also called Tuesday... they said he wasn't there....I do not like being lied to :mad:
I called three times yesterday once at 10:00am, 11:00am, and 2:00pm. I received an answering machine twice and left a message and one of his techs the third time. The tech was very nice and was trying to help. He tried to call Pete at I am guessing his house or cell. He called me back promptly and said he couldn't reach him and would keep trying until he went home at 4:00pm.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Man, I should sell Pete's cell phone number to you guys. :lol

I think the man's a little burnt out, honestly. He's been trying to do some pretty big things with his business and he's been out of the shop a lot working on making things get a hell of a lot better for everybody. Business-wise, they're definitely going through some changes -- for the better. Stay tuned for that...

As for the KB thing... If you don't have it, he probably doesn't either. KB isn't the most inspiring when it comes to getting parts out quickly, from my observations. I'm usually there at least once a week to pick up chips or something of that nature for my own customers. I've seen how he ships, and they do the same thing over there that I do myself. The part arrives and gets kicked right back out to the customer ASAP.

The amount of phone calls they receive per day really would make your head spin. Every time Pete tries to do any type of tech work over there, he gets a phone call and gets pulled away from it. If I were in his shoes, that would definitely get old, but there's not much he can do about it. Talking to people in this industry is what you have to do. It just breaks up wrench time really bad.

As for shit talking... Yes, he's burnt out on that. The man's been through the ringer on this and I'll unofficially comment that I think he really is sick and tired of it. He's got guys with lawsuits pending for this and for that all because of what amounts to a "he said she said" type of thing that always goes along with motorsports. This type of thing is ridiculous and needs to stop. It makes it so that he doesn't want to comment on anything and seems to have lost a lot of desire to stay on top of the '03 Cobra scene. It's always tough to be the quickest or near it, since everybody is trying to knock you down a peg. Just look around this forum, for example. You've got guys trying to throw up shit about this and that with chips when he did that whole MM&FF thing. There was more bullshit surrounding that 'shootout' than anything I've seen in a long time. Truth being told, I personally lost the remaining respect I had for the MM&FF staff after that one came out and I heard how some things were handled.

I agree that it's a PITA when you can't get a hold of a guy and you need him ASAP. Customer service has to remain top priority in a business that's based on the customer. I recommend just giving him some time on some of this shit, though. If I get a chance, I'll get a hold of them later today and see what's up.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Well, obviously no one knows what the story is with Pete. I am sure that someone will find out soon.

Every vendor that I can think of gets bogged down and is sometimes very difficult to get ahold of. I can think of many occasions where I could not get ahold of a vendor for long periods of time.

Toofast4u: I hope that you get things ironed out quickly and maybe you should reserve judgement until you know what the story is. I was trying to let you know that I heard that Pete is around and maybe you don't have to wait until next week to get your order squared away. But I think that you should just go with your best judgement in moving forward.

After everyone has had a chance to post and get things out of their system, I'm gonna move this to The Bar, since it's purely non-technical. In the mean time, let's please not let this turn into a vendor bash-session...which serves no purpose and will cause the thread to be closed.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Flo Bee I know he has a lot of sh*t he has to deal with and he has told me several times he is tired of it. If he is so busy then he needs to get an administrative secretary that can make executive decisions and not try to handle it all himself. I talked to KB on Monday to see were my order was and they told me it is ready to go and just waiting approval from Pete. Why should a good customer that paid his bills have to what 3 days for somebody to say good ship it? I have this week off of work and was planning on installing the KB during this time and ordered it when I did and requested it to be here last week for this exact reason. Even if it was approved with standard shipping on Monday I would have had it by Friday. I have sent him several email and messages saying I want to bump the shipping to 3rd day and now 2nd day so I will get it this week. So now if I wait for Pete on Monday it will be a month since I ordered and paid for my stuff to arrive and I won’t have any time to install it because I will be working. Some of the stuff 03Snake and myself are waiting for are coming directly from him not KB. As I see it he is taking to much tasks on his own and probably overloaded, but this is affecting customer service and that can’t happen in a successful business. I just want my stuff by Friday so I can actually accomplish what I wanted to this week. How would you feel?

I don't want to hurt him or his business and would delete all of my posts in this thread if he will just get me the supercharger this week.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Flo Bee - I understand your point. But thats what happens when you do as much work on the 03 as he did and then post on the net when he ran a 9.9. Everyone's going to call him, it can be good and bad. He just needs to think off the best way to handle the extra business.

I can also see why he is burnt out on the internet racing crap. But if I am not mistaken, he put up the thread about the MM&FF article,(which I thought was very fair) so I think he started that one. If I am incorrect let me know.

I hope that pete is doing well and keeps his shop up and running because he has done a great job and is first on my list to call when I finally get around to ordering the KB.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts