Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What were your symptoms? I'm having a wierd cut-out problem at full throttle that actually occured when idling away from a traffic light last night.. thought it happened more at half tank of gas and below but the traffic light scenario happened on a full tank. Getting to thinking I'm losing an injector or more, or a coil or more (doesn't make sense) or the fuel pumps.. ugh. Thoughts?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Jerry;

My patrol car has the 4.6 motor and same coil pack setup as our 03's do. And it had a coil pack go bad in it a couple of days ago. The most common symptom I can describe to you was of course a miss or hesitation. Kinda like when you have a fouled plug, bad plug wire, bad gas or even a bad fuel pump or plugged fuel filter. I mostly found the miss to be worse at low RPM's at a pull. For instance, going up a grade or hill. Ford checked out everything, but came up nothing, so the mechanic told me that I would have to drive it until the PCM pushed out a code. After about 200 miles the PCM pushed out the code of #4 coil pack. I hope this helps?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"low RPM's at a pull" <- that is when I used to see it but I also see it at a high rpm pull now.. almost as if its getting worse and hopefully soon does push out a code. Thanks for the input MineralGray03! A nyone else?

·
Registered
325 Posts
If it is a coil pack, it will get a little worse, and it will push out a code. I'm sorry I couldn't help you that much because nobody hasn't had that sort of problems on here, yet. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts