Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,just wonderin if anyone was using the mafterburner software to tune their cars and how it is working out.Whats everyone doing for timing adjustments???Using a
adjuster to move the ckp sensor???

Thanks--Mike
01 cobra

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've had a MAFterburner Plus for a year and a half and use it for all tuning on a nitrous car. I also have an eFPC to speed up the fuel pump when the nitrous system is activated, converting my fuel system to a return style system.

The MAFterburner allows you to fine tune the car very quickly on a dyno with a wide band analyzer. It works well with a stock motor or one with an aftermarket MAF, such as a C&L.

The MAFterburner Plus has a built in window switch and lets you use a different calibration table when the nitrous system is activated.

I use a completely stock computer and use the MAF+, eFPC, and a Steeda timing adjuster to do everything external to the computer.

Here are some dyno results with a 100 shot and on motor, if you are interrested.

http://www.joelynch.org/dyno/dyno1.htm

Obviously, I am a happy customer.

Joe Lynch

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THanks for the info joe,one more question for ya.How are you converting to a return style system??ARE YOU USING A 96-98 STYLE TANK,SUMPING YOURS OR A CELL????WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THE FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR???

Thanks again..Mike
Blown 01 cobra

·
Registered
183 Posts
I put an '03 pump in my 99 tank, added a home made baffle. Then I teed an Aeromotive A-1000-6 regulator in the fuel line just ahead of the fuel rails. Ran a return line back to the tank and teed it into the filler vent hose. Left the fuel pressure transducer where it is, installed the eFPC from Zone V Performance, set it to lie to the computer about the actual fuel pressure so the computer would speed the pump up and let the regulator take control of the fuel pressure. The set point is higher than the regulator set point, so the computer just keeps speeding up the pump until it pegs out.

Then, when the fuel solenoid on the nitrous system opens, the regulator spill back closes off some rather than the computer trying to adjust pump rate to hold fuel pressure constant. During shifts, when the fuel solenoid closes off, the regulator opens back up. Result--constant fuel pressure, so I can tune the car.

Joe Lynch

·
Registered
183 Posts
Anytime. Car will be a lot nicer when I see a 10.99 tims slip and still drive it to work on Monday, LOL.

Joe

·
Registered
885 Posts
mike,
i have a sumped gas tank in the wife's 97 cobra. i DO NOT like it. when the fuel tank gets between 1/2 - 1/4 full, the fuel pump starts to cavitate. i have to keep the tank above 1/2 full, for the fuel system to work properly. there are multiple sump feed holes in the bottom of the tank and they are as low in the tank as possible. the pump is also mounted as low as possible. with this setup fuel pump cavitation still occurs when the tank gets low. i have 3/4" pipe fitting installed in the sump. i come out of the sump with a -12 fuel line and go in to a -12 system-1 fuel pre-filter. i then go into an aeromotive eliminator fuel pump. i come out of the pump with a -10 fuel line and go into a system-1 -10 fuel filter. i come out of the -10 fuel filter with a -10 fuel line. i go to the front of the car with the -10 fuel line into a fuel y-block. i come out of each side of the y-block with a -8 fuel line that goes into the end of each of the shm fuel rails. i come out of the other end of each of the shm fuels rail with a -6 fuel line and then into each side of an a-1000-6 aeromotive fuel pressure regulator. i come out of the bottom of the fuel pressure regulator with a -6 fuel line that goes back to the fuel tank. the fuel is returned into the side of the fuel tank, via a fitting i installed. the engine is fed by high impedence seimans-deka 55 lbs/hr injectors. i like the fuel system except for how it acts when the fuel level gets low. one good thing about having a lot of fuel is the fuel acts as balast weight over the rear tires and helps with traction. ;)

·
Registered
618 Posts
modularmike626 said:
Hey everyone,just wonderin if anyone was using the mafterburner software to tune their cars and how it is working out.Whats everyone doing for timing adjustments???Using a
adjuster to move the ckp sensor???

Thanks--Mike
01 cobra
Running MAFterburne for AF and Autologic Chip for timing.

I like the ease of operation and allows me to interact alittle more with my car.

Instrumental in finding the most of my NA motor and worked along great with my other mods.

Naz

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool car,thanks for the info_One question though,in what rpm increments can the a/f be adjusted.50,100 etc etc????

Mike
Blown 01 cobra

·
Registered
183 Posts
400 rpm increments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks again Joe.lol..Hey have you ever heard of the tweecer??It does not sound to user freindlly from reading their website.

Mike

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a TwEECer. User friendly is relative. I find it intrigueing but not fully developed for a 99 up car yet. You can do a lot of things with it. I have changed the timing table, idle speed, lots of stuff. But you can't change the rev limiter yet with it. Its coming, but it isn't there yet.

Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts