Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
Just wondered if anyone here was running a 6 lb lower pulley with the original alternator pulley? And if so...how is everything going so far?

Thanks,
Harry Mager
www.HotRodHarrys.com
Joe(MAGIC) runs 6lb lower with stock Alt pulley..no problems so far..100+ dyno runs and 2 trips to the track..

jim v.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Harry you end up spinning the alt. to fast, I had it on mt car for about 300 miles ,and then the alt. pulley got destroied, So after that I just put the Metco, alt. pulley on I think its 3.2 " seems ok now. Peace hot rodder
Now I hate the rain, I cant drive the car :(

I think the diff. in rpm is ouer 3,000 the alt spins @ 6000 motor rpm,

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
nitrous pete said:
Harry you end up spinning the alt. to fast, I had it on mt car for about 300 miles ,and then the alt. pulley got destroied, So after that I just put the Metco, alt. pulley on I think its 3.2 " seems ok now. Peace hot rodder
Now I hate the rain, I cant drive the car :(

I think the diff. in rpm is ouer 3,000 the alt spins @ 6000 motor rpm,
I'll remind Joe to change that Alt pulley..

jim v.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Re: Re: Anyone Running 6 lb lower with orig alt pulley?

Jim Vaccaro said:
Joe(MAGIC) runs 6lb lower with stock Alt pulley..no problems so far..100+ dyno runs and 2 trips to the track..

jim v.
Time to cut back on the dyno pulls and up the racing, Joe.

:cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hammer, just waiting for spring to get back to the track, doing all the dyno runs to weed the BS I see on the boards. Joe :D

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
magic maker said:
Hammer, just waiting for spring to get back to the track, doing all the dyno runs to weed the BS I see on the boards. Joe :D
Hey Joe! You completely lost me on that post but it's good to see you on the site anyway.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey Hammer he is insinuating there is bs on this board, that is what I got anyway, I hope its not toward me , I say what I see.
peace .

·
Registered
57 Posts
pete, my comments are aimed at no one in particular, I'm just using my Cobra and dyno as a means of getting to the truth as to how much power and boost can be made on PUMP GAS with these cars, sorry if you thought my comments were directed at you, as I'm sure everyone on these boards knows you wouldn't BS us. Joe :D

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
I didn't think anything, Joe. Your first comment confused me...I had no idea what you were talking about. Glad to see you more active on the boards lately.

And we don't need a lie detector for Pete. There's a magazine article coming out and a big race coming up that will both back up his claims quite nicely.

:D :cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah Hammer, i heard about the smack down Pete put on that Big shop guy good job. Joe

·
Registered
661 Posts
Sorry Joe , I read into it the wrong way, I cant wait to dyno , this snow rucks, I hope to go this wed. peace nitro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts