Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running a SPEC stage 3 clutch for some time now. Sometimes in 1st when i let off of the clutch, depends on what RPM, the clutch makes squeeling type sound. It also does this sometimes when i downshift, also depends what RPM i am at. I am also running the SPEC Billet Flywheel. I called SPEC about this, they told me it is normal, it is because of the type of material on the clutch. Anybody else that has this clutch heard these noises? Clutch acts fine, its just kinda emabarassing, you can hear it outside of the car.

Dave

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I have heard it before and it is normal. My new Mcleod clutch makes a little noise too when engaging.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to have a McCleod and i exploded it when i was running nitrous. How is yours holding up to the power you are making? After this clutch goes i do not know if im going to buy another Spec III or try something else

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Well I have had almost every clutch out there, and the one I have now is basically a race only clutch. I had both SPEC 3 and 4, and the Mcleod street twin. Under the current power level, the SPEC 4 slipped on the dyno (I think due to insuffiecient break in) and the twin disk's pressure plate collapsed at high rpm on the shift. The one I am running now is the soft-lok long style adjustable race clutch. You can read more about it in the 4V forum under twin disk.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I run a mcleod dual friction with a blueprinted pressure plate .no problems with it so far ( 4k miles).And the clutch pedal is great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts