Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of going with the bassani street competitiion series cat-back for my 03 gt and was wondering if anyone had this setup in there car.

I really only have 2 questions.

1. hows the performance?

2. hows the sound; is it loud and if so is that annoying loud you hear on some trans ams or is also deep. Is it a unique sound.

Thanks again for your help, Pete

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with the Bassani optimum length headers, catted xpipe & catback 46995S. I really like the sound. It is slightly louder than stock at idle & gets loud at WOT, but not too loud. One of the requirements I had for this full exaust was that it not be much louder than stock. I don't know what to say about performance for just the catback because I had the full exaust done, but most folks say there is a minimal gain with just the CB . There was a noticable difference for me with the full exaust, now I need more traction. I picked 4.4 MPH at the end of the 1/4 on the GTECH - times are not much better because of traction/driver problems.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm running bassani quiet thunder catbacks. When I just had the x (with cats) and stock headers and rear baffles in, the car sounded aweseme and was slightly noteably louder than stock (but not rediculous like 2 chambers flos). Then I removed the cats, went with shorty headers and removed the rear baffles. Now the car is pretty loud (concerningly loud, to the point where I keep the idle really low around public neighborhoods and around cops). The car is really loud, I have to wear earplugs on long trips. You can hear my car about a half a mile away from the rear cause the exhaust note just resonates.

If you're gonna run offroad x, I'd recommend the quiet thunder. Otherwise your gonna get a ticket for sure, (eventually).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts