Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
510 Posts
I've heard those shread the belts pretty badly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
I bet it helps slippage though...I had a friend with a Novi I think that did something like that to the ribs and it helped his slippage. Not sure if it destroyed his belts......
 

·
Night Trains Daddy
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I'll find out. :D

I have an idler coming also...needless to say I don't plan on losing any races because of belt slip. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
stlblack03 said:
I guess I'll find out. :D

I have an idler coming also...needless to say I don't plan on losing any races because of belt slip. :p
GOOD POINT:lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,078 Posts
I too, heard that it will decrease the life of your belt. If it does, its no big loss though, belts and pulleys aren't that expensive. But I hope it works good for you. Let us know how they do, good luck.
 

·
The BarTender
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
I have the Reichard pulley. It's actually a 3.12 diameter wich I later found was too small for my combo. I had to switch back to a 3.6 to lower the boost. Anyway they do eliminate slipping along with "Increasing" belt life. That's right it increases it. How do I know? Well to be honest I don't, but the word is that renegade class racers use these pulleys to eliminate slip. They found a nice side effect being that the belts also lasted allot longer as well. You can view the Reichard pulley on my website (Link in Sig) I have put it in the for sale section since I can't use it. BTW Reichard charges $200 for that pulley.;)

Razor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,357 Posts
akatherazor4 said:
I have the Reichard pulley. It's actually a 3.12 diameter wich I later found was too small for my combo. I had to switch back to a 3.6 to lower the boost. Anyway they do eliminate slipping along with "Increasing" belt life. That's right it increases it. How do I know? Well to be honest I don't, but the word is that renegade class racers use these pulleys to eliminate slip. They found a nice side effect being that the belts also lasted allot longer as well. You can view the Reichard pulley on my website (Link in Sig) I have put it in the for sale section since I can't use it. BTW Reichard charges $200 for that pulley.;)

Razor.
It might be increasing the belt life since it is preventing slip wear. Two positives so what is the negative?
 

·
The BarTender
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
toofast4u said:
It might be increasing the belt life since it is preventing slip wear. Two positives so what is the negative?
Too much $$$$$$$$:eek:

Razor.
 

·
Night Trains Daddy
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reichard is a rip-off call S-E Racing there only $80 :D
 

·
The BarTender
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
stlblack03 said:
Reichard is a rip-off call S-E Racing there only $80 :D
Dam that's a good price!!!:D I guess I should make mine a christmas ornament.

Razor.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top