Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will the Michelin 335/30ZR18's fit on the AFS 18X10.5 rims and will this combo fit on our cobra? anyone tried it?

Grover

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
BFG KD section width is 12.6"
Michelin section width is 13.3"

You will have .35" less clearance than KD's have. You have to ask someone with KD's how much room they have. I don't think it will work though. Even with the spacer and grinding the bolt head. A set of custom offset wheels will be needed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Grover03 said:
will the Michelin 335/30ZR18's fit on the AFS 18X10.5 rims and will this combo fit on our cobra? anyone tried it?

Grover
They hit the IRS assembly bracket mount sections. The largest 18" tire I could get to work was a 305/30/18 on the AFS wheel.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I had the BFG 315/30/18 G/Force drags on. They hit the bolt when up in the air but had no clearance problems when on the ground. Judging from what everybody says about the BFG drags, it seems they run a bit big. It would be interesting to see how close in size those really are to the 335's. I bet it's closer than the "specs" show. If i had 300 xtra bucks I'd order those just to give it a try. What a GREAT deal! 146 a piece, WOW!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I tried them and after the shop spent 15 minutes getting that one tire on the rim we found it rubbed against the mounting bracket. My car is lowered 1.25" so that did not help either. There is a very good selection of 315/30/18s now that will work fine. The preferred wheel width for the Pilot Sport 335 was 12", the section width was right over 13.3" also.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I would like to get some 315/30 street tires. Who has them? I know Toyo dosen't. I'd like to get something with a similar tread pattern to mine. I know the Goodyear GS-D3's have a similar pattern but they don't make a tire that big! After having those drag radials on, I need to get that size again! If nothing else, they looked SCARY!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Michelin also has a 315/30/18 ZR
$345 Tire Rack
12.6" width

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can get the Pilot Sport, P-Zero Rosso, Pilot Cup Sport, and P-Zero Corsa in a 315/30/18 besides the BFG DR. The Pilot Cup Sport and Corsas are track tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts