Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
285 Posts
Hmm zero replies! Well is that the RST or RXT? Either way many people on svtperformance.com have had great luck with McLeod clutches. I'll be going with the rxt clutch next spring, the light clutch pedal feel is suppose to be awsome and the rxt holds 1000hp and very streetable from what I've heard.

· Boost-aholic
2,819 Posts
I'm going with the RXT as well. I won't be able to try it out/break it in until spring though.

Jr.

· Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm zero replies! Well is that the RST or RXT? Either way many people on svtperformance.com have had great luck with McLeod clutches. I'll be going with the rxt clutch next spring, the light clutch pedal feel is suppose to be awsome and the rxt holds 1000hp and very streetable from what I've heard.
That's the thing, it doesn't say what clutch it is!! I think I have to call jared. I want to change my spec 3+ clutch as I feel it's slipping a bit with the 2.9 whipple. I heard spec 4 and 5 are too racey. I need something tht will take a beating and be streetable. I know Im asking for too much lol

· Boost-aholic
2,819 Posts
what flywheel are you going to use? I have the spec aluminum flywheel now. Not sure if I have to change it if I go wit the rxt
I'll be using the McLeod aluminum FW as my current one is a Ram steel FW that has already been resurfaced.

Jr.

· Registered
4,062 Posts
another question.

you guy's think a spec 3+ will hold up on a 750rwhp car?
You may want to check into Promotion clutches.
I installed the 760 high clamp model in my car.
No chatter at all.
We'll see this weekend how well it holds power.
There are folks running more power than me running this clutch with good results.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.