Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering who is running a turbo 2v and if you have pics or know of any pics of a 2v kit. i'm looking to turbo a 5.4 lightning motor.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have pics on my site...feel free to email me with any questions you might have - be happy to help.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, and i see we have a mutual friend at cpr.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yeah, it was fun yelling at him at the Modular Shootout....I'm half tempted just to make my own fuel rails and market them just to show the idiot how to do it properly....just not sure how far I want to pursue the second business....

If you need more pictures, be happy to snap some from other angles - just let me know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am actually in the process of installing ProTurbos new kit on my '02 GT. Things are going pretty slow. But, ProTurbo is pretty cool. I saw a couple posts from Keith, the owner in here. Is there something specific you were looking for? The only arguement for a SC is the installation. Turbos are a pain in the ass to install.

Hey Snky

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well still not sure what i want to do but i'm either looking at a turbo kit or putting a novi 2000 on my truck over the winter.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok do to lack of interest from the company i was going to have do the fab work and the overall cost of a turbo setup i have decided to go with a novi 2000. i'll be using their truck mounting plate and the charger and thats about it outta their kit everything else will be one off. and i was asked not to buy anything for this project til after the holidays so anyone that is interested in the progress of my insanity wont see anything til mid january at the earliest. so wish me luck.

i'm currently at 450 rwhp right now and hope to achieve 600 rwhp when all said and done on the stock short block. before everyone thinks im crazy here's my method of madness. i have priced out short blocks compared to building up my stock block and the price is within a few hundred buck's so why risk damaging a built block while trying to get the tune dialed in. if it blows it blows.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Uhppppppppps did'nt read the 5.4 part!Talk to Mike Arnett at SilverState Motorsports here in Vegas He makes a few Kits for Lightnings and Has for a Long Time!
Kaz..........:cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Kaz, its Chris In vegas with the turbo Lincoln project.Long time no talk.
You beat me to the punch. I was about to mention Silver State.
I believe mike said they put their turbo on and at stock boost to stock boost the turbo made 100 more HP and Torque.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys for the replies and i've been to their website. i think i have chosen to go with a novi 2000 but i will be going to the pri show this coming weekend and will be talking with various turbo and blower companiesto see if their would be any interest in a partial sponsorship of some sort.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts