Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had issues with Steeda?

First, I bought a strut tower brace for my '03 Cobra. It only connects from the strut towers (no connection to the firewall like other manufacturers). Also, you have to drill into the body (on previous braces for other cars that I have had, you just attached using the same bolts for your struts, no drilling). I decided to return it and they freakening charged me a 20% restocking fee. I have never had this happen with anything I have ever bought. I guess this is another way for them to screw you.

Second, I have had springs for my '03 Cobra on back order for 2 months and I get the same response every time, they will be here next week. So I cancelled. Also, I just found out that their springs are just Eibach springs painted blue (with an extra charge for their name).

All I have ever heard is stay away from Steeda products because they were cheap and over priced. I guess I learned the hard way.

I won't be ordering from them anymore.

Thanks for letting me vent.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you have any facts to back up that spring claim? I just bought a set of Steeda Sports for my car. If it's true, I got a helluva deal being I paid about $60-$65 less than the ones that have Eibach's name stamped on them. ;)

FWIW, I love my TriAx shifter, and their strut tower brace for my car is one of the few that clear centrifugal superchargers and aftermarket intakes...

Sorry you aren't happy...Can't say I blame you given the circumstances.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Everyone has to learn sooner or later. Most places that sell Mustang parts suck donkey balls.

That's why everyone loves Amazon Racing so damn much. They have great service and won't jerk you around. I'm sure they've made a mint from the 03's and their parts, but there's no one I'd rather hand my money too at this point in time for my 03 parts. They deserve the money they are making.

Steeda sucks, Saleen sucks, BBK sucks, blah blah blah.. they all suck. Each has a few unique parts that are good, but it's such a pain to deal with them I'd rather buy those parts from a secondary seller that will ship the part and not lie about it being in stock. The rest of their parts are the same crap everone else sells with their sticker on it or painted "Steeda Blue" :rolleyes:

A good example is Speedworx. Don't EVER buy parts from Saleen. Get them from Speedworx. They'll take care of bugging Saleen on a daily basis for the parts if they are backordered. And they'll actually tell you they are backordered when you order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts