Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my ARH longtubes put on this past weekend. LOVE the sound and power i made after the install. here's a quick recap.

Base w/out ARH 288hp 300tq previous number in this thread was at the peak after a hickup in the tune....

Base with nitrous no longtubes- 399hp 428tq

N/A all motor w/ ARH was 297hp 325 without tuning
final 296hp 316 tq after motor was hot 12.8 A/F

FINAL NITROUS PULL
420 HP 523TQ! AFTER TUNING

FIRST pull without any tuning gave me 426hp 524 tq but was running lean.

i'll have some video clips and pictures and notes tomorrow. for now i'm happy to post my car put down 420/523 after the day was all said and done

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
picked up and tuned the car sunday. the guy who did my install said it was a fairly long install. ran into two small problems along the way.
1) the 02 extensions they sent were too short so we had to plug the rear o2 sensors and tune them off.
2) He said the x pipe fitting they sent didn't line up properly so he had to stretch it out a few times until he could manage to fit it into the headers.

other than that he said they were real good quality pieces and fit pretty easy!

car sounds like a beast! i love the way they sound with the MAC's i currently have on the car. MIGHT go with a different setup down the line but the car SCREAMS at WOT! just what i wanted to hear from the ARH's. Spent the whole day down there doing the tuning (think i made about 13-14 pulls on the dyno getting everything just right). Had a few problems along the way with my buddy leonards car (Raiden) and ended up leaving there really late after a LONG COLD night.

The car loves nitrous with these headers. picked up about 100 lbs of torque after all the tuning was done. I can't wait to hit the track on the 28th now. hoping i can hit 11.49 or better and start competing in some events.

After all of this i would definitely recommend ARH for those of you looking for headers. great quality headers and i have the numbers to prove it
i'll have some video clips and dyno sheets ready in a couple of days. might have the videos later tonight of a drive by and a dyno pull so you get a feel of what the sound is like. I want to thank nick at ARH for helping me out on all of this. Never thought i'd own a pair of these and i'm glad i made that phone call a couple weeks ago.

Spoke with my tuner last night and i MIGHT possibly be looking at a different type of F/I real soon if everything turns out good
for now i'm glad with my numbers off the bottle and hope i see bigger numbers in the future. Never thought this was possible off my Auto Transmission GT but now i'm glad to be running these times and numbers and hope some other Auto's out there see what can be done with a well modded, Really well tuned car.

And an even bigger thanks to Walter for tuning this beast! i'm sure i'll be seeing even more of him in the near future.

·
Sonic Masterpiece
870 Posts
Amazing, I'm really digging the change of tone and i'm sure you're loving the extra power!

Grats. :bigwink:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Damn your car sounds SICK! Do get track vidz please... what's next? Cams?

·
Registered
189 Posts
What axlebacks are you running ????

·
Registered
193 Posts
Vid doesnt work D:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sounds very nice. :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys. and thanks again ARH for making such a great product! i'll have more videos and pictures this saturday at the track. wouldn't mind getting some cams but i'm ready to save for a SC or Turbo setup now. or just save up enough cash to build the motor up and bump the nitrous shot up a notch.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i finally made it back to the track since last september... couple different things were the new tune along with the ARH O/R x setup i just got put on a couple weeks ago. update- car made 420rwhp/523rwtq (Thread going on the ARH setup)....

car felt like a beast off the line. REALLY PULLS on the take off. Thanks to Walter at Marcy Motorsports for tuning the car for that power again. previous best was 11.87 @ 112mph with a 1.63 60'... Time for the new numbers

RESULTS for DAY ONE (will be back again tomorrow for more passes)

r/t= .542 (wanted to get the rpms where they needed to be and not worry about r/t
60' - 1.566
330 - 4.673
1/8 = 7.341 @ 92mph
1000 = 9.638

1/4 = 11.57 @ 116mph! (NEW PERSONAL BEST!)

after the first pass i tried messing with the air pressure and couldn't hook at all. hit a 12.0 the second pass and a RIDICULOUSLY lousy 1.99 60' spinning like crazy 12.79 the third pass haha my buddies camera was acting up and didn't get video of the first two runs. Car did feel a lot stronger with the new setup and that was after driving 30 min to get there. I left the car at my parents house today( they live 2 miles from the track) so tomorrow the car will be nice and cool for the first pass. Hoping to hit a 11.3-11.4 but we'll see how the weather looks for tomorrow. i'll have videos of tomorrows passes once i get them along with pics.

·
Registered
119 Posts
congrats on the new times and the car sounds like a beast. what shot are you running? also another question that i noticed on the dyno part i saw that you had a black faux thing and i was wondering where you got it from or did you paint it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.