Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta post this painting I have been working on. I started oil painting using the Bob Ross method about 5 years ago. Last year a buddy mentioned that I should try painting women. So this is my 5th attempt at painting a woman and I am BLOWN AWAY at how this is coming out. There are so many stages to a painting at this level and I simply learned from watching a lot of YouTube vids over the last year. Actually this is my first attempt at painting eyes. Usually I paint the woman from behind or with her eyes closed. The eyes were "blocked" in a few weeks ago with a general shape and colors then tonight I spent 6 hours finalizing them. Obviously a long ways to go with the painting but I think the hard part is over with.

I've been showing some of my pieces around town and now I have gals that want to model for me so I can create my own photos/scenes and paint them.:rock:

ks
IMG_2928.jpg

·
Administrator
9,358 Posts
The word that comes to mind Kevin is stunning!

That is as good as I have ever seen — absolutely stunning.

Ed

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Made some adjustments to skin and eye color and I think it looks amazing. I added hair and it too looks great. The low resolution photo doesn't show the hair well but I spent a few evenings just painting individual hairs which was pretty easy.
Last year I couldn't even draw a stick figure...

ks

IMG_2939-2.jpg

·
Administrator
9,358 Posts
Definite roaring 20's look, Kevin.

Still, stunning!

Ed

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You, Ed.
Retirement is in about 10-15 years and I wanted to master a hobby that I could do anywhere.

ks

·
Administrator
9,358 Posts
Thank You, Ed.
Retirement is in about 10-15 years and I wanted to master a hobby that I could do anywhere.

ks
Shucks, you can rebuild a Modmotor anywhere. :)

Ed

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The finished painting.. Started early November and finished it tonight.

ks
IMG_2958-1.jpg

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I started this one last week and I'm just about done with it already.. This is 24"x30" tall.. I gotta say I struggled all through 2019 learning how to paint, spending hundreds of hours studying YouTube vids and now painting like this is as easy as making oatmeal..

ks

IMG_3000.jpg

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The finished piece.

ks

IMG_3015.jpg

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Just finished this one tonight. I was trying to get it done for an art show in April but the show got canceled like everything else lately :(
ks

IMG_3179.jpg

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have done several pieces since the last posting including a commission piece and even winning the James Ray Award for Realistic Impressionism for another piece. I have been accepted into a local gallery that supports my pieces and I have a plan to enter an international contest (Home - Art Renewal Center) this winter where if I do well can get me serious global recognition.

This Steampunk piece below took me three months to complete and is extremely detailed with each brick painted individually along with single hair strands and the veins in her eyes.

ks
136A2813.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts