Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thats al lin good, but Car & Driver had an article saying the V-8 or 5.0L engine would be available, but only in up-market vehicles, like the GT 500, and Boss 302. So in real terms, the V-8 would in fact be out of reach for 95% of all Mustang buyers.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This information is more current than the publishing lead up time than Car and Driver's magazine, and they've contradicted themselves on the 5.0L availability before. Ford's not dumb, I just don't see them dropping it in a GT model.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Wow,someone still reads C and D?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I guess the idea of a educated and informed decision is not so popular with the "I can say anything I please and offer an opinion on everything I know nothing about" crown. Or is it you just can't stand to pay for an opinion? Informed or else ways? It's probably a generation or two difference thing, as I have well over 35 different subscriptions to not only every Car & Truck rag out there, I also enjoy the Gun, Knife and Self defense publications as well. Reading is good for the sole, mind and intellect.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yeah, both it and Motortrend have over a million subscribers.
I was being sarcastic but I suppose that blew right over your head...According to C and D the Mustang will NEVER be the great product the Camaro is...Surely you believe that as well?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, to my knowledge companies are allotted a specific amount of MPG across their models. This could play into effect of only offering the V8 in the specialty models.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I guess the idea of a educated and informed decision is not so popular with the "I can say anything I please and offer an opinion on everything I know nothing about" crown. Or is it you just can't stand to pay for an opinion? Informed or else ways? It's probably a generation or two difference thing, as I have well over 35 different subscriptions to not only every Car & Truck rag out there, I also enjoy the Gun, Knife and Self defense publications as well. Reading is good for the sole, mind and intellect.
Maybe I know nothing about it, as you say, maybe I do. But I do know after sitting down for chats with Ford brand managers, engineers and marketing people over the years they don't easily give up lucrative markets if they can avoid it. I subscribe to several magazines but I don't take what they say as gospel, their lead times are long compared to online.

Agree that reading is good for the mind and intellect... it's good for the soul too, not so sure if it's good for the "sole" as you said unless it's Runner's magazine, or Track and Field. :)

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was being sarcastic but I suppose that blew right over your head...According to C and D the Mustang will NEVER be the great product the Camaro is...Surely you believe that as well?
Actually... I knew what you meant. My response was sarcasm as well, why I started the response with "yeah". Believe them.... nope, they can't make up their mind half the time. If they said the GT wouldn't have the V8, they sure changed their mind:

http://www.caranddriver.com/feature...nting-fords-new-global-design-language-page-2
"The 2015 GT will keep the Coyote 5.0-liter V-8, but don't expect horsepower to rise from its current 420."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts