Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
221 - 240 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Twin57- I put mine just below the bumper support on the drivers' side behind the fog light opening. Bend the mounting tab and bolt it to the bumper support then put a strap on the other side and rivet it to the fender support.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
All the way to the edge of the bumper support??

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hmmmm I believe so cause that's where a big ass k&n filter for turbo intakes. 1 on each side. Do u have a pic by chance?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
What's your e-mail address and I'll shoot some pics and send to you tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
No problem!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Pics sent. Any questions, just ask.

·
Registered
235 Posts
yes sir just got them!!! thanks..But yes i crawled under last night and i have intercooler piping and a big ass inlet filter in that corner on both sides.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
If you have a live rear axle, you can mount the cooler back by the axle housing in the hump.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have read this article several time over the past few months. And it has some great info and pictures to walk you thru . I purchased a Lentec 4R70W few weeks back and all suppoting parts needed. will be statring the project next week. Not sure i would have even attemped a this if it was'nt for this article. Also the parts list and #'s have been great to have. cut down on a lot of time searching.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Good luck on your changeover, you will love it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
can someone PLEASE tell me how to wire up the lockup feature for the converter to a switch???
i have a 95 with a 4r70w and my tuner is having issues getting my converter to lockup and stay locked so i want to just manually put it on a switch... how do i do this???

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
What year is the 4R70?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Apply voltage through a relay to pin #3 (BN/OG) in connector C132 in the transmission (D shaped connector). Use a switch to control the coil of the relay (usually switched +12v and ground the other side of the coil: pins 86 & 85); fused +12v to pin 87 and connect pin 30 to the BN/OG pin #3 on the tranny.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Apply voltage through a relay to pin #3 (BN/OG) in connector C132 in the transmission (D shaped connector). Use a switch to control the coil of the relay (usually switched +12v and ground the other side of the coil: pins 86 & 85); fused +12v to pin 87 and connect pin 30 to the BN/OG pin #3 on the tranny.
im not the best with wiring stuff... you got a diagram or can explain this in more laymans terms? lol.

221 - 240 of 268 Posts