Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
My 2012 has done the same thing. Started pinging and detonating at 6,000 rpms and would'nt grab 2nd. I regapped plugs and it has'nt happend since. Hopefully they stand behind it and get it right... Love the truck besides that 1 issue, pulls my 6500lb boat no snag.

·
Registered
360 Posts
ford has tried a few things and the fix seems to be hit or miss...first they put a shield behind part of the intercooler, now theyve released a redesigned charge air cooler with a pcm update. It seems to have fixed some trucks but not others, seems like the trucks that have it are catching hell trying to fix it. My 12 has 15k on it and no issues thus far thank god

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Weird how it never came up during their 1 million mile test, or whatever it was that was advertised here.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'll be watch the fix as well. I'm in the market for a new truck so I'll following this.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
had it happen to my 2011 regapped plugs problem fixed. Hasnt happened with my 2013...I checked plugs right when i got home from buying it. My local ford mechanic tried telling me it needed a reflash on the tune and I was just a little out of warranty. I said no and did the plugs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts