Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ugggh, I keep telling myself that I want a nice comfy cruisin car.... I'm fighting it bad. lol. Great write up Eric as usual. Now stomp that thang and make a 10.0 pass!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Very nice write up! I would have loved to have seen this two weeks ago, I just did mine and I will agree with you that the instructions that KB sends are the best by far I have ever seen. With this write up and the instructions I would have a hard time seeing anybody not being able to do this install at home. The only thing is that I think you missed was how tight it gets working by the EGR and bypast tube but not really a big issue. Glad to hear you didnt fight with the fuel line that much, I was not that lucky and it about pissed me off the most doing mine:shout:

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would have liked to had this article finished LONG ago, as it was back last year that I installed it, but I could never seem to find the time and motivation to finish it. This is the first of several articles I have put together on the GT500, the others will be up shortly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
good write up, when you said "The car does not feel really stable during acceleration and 80 MPH+"

did you mean it needed suspension or needs sticky tires ?

also, what else was done to the GT500 when dynoed ? exhaust ? headers ?

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good write up, when you said "The car does not feel really stable during acceleration and 80 MPH+"

did you mean it needed suspension or needs sticky tires ?

also, what else was done to the GT500 when dynoed ? exhaust ? headers ?
Suspension, the car even stock had a good bit of sway in the rear end. Making the car accelerate faster only made the problem worse.

No other mods besides the KB and 3" pulley for that article. The next one I will post up the graphs from headers and 3" exhaust.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Very well written, good pics... made me want to go out and buy one for myself:clapping:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Great article. I'm the one you sent the half shaft to for the 03. I have a GT500 now and I am very interested in the KB (researching blowers). I guess I may need you to help me out again. Thanks for the write-up!!!

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great article. I'm the one you sent the half shaft to for the 03. I have a GT500 now and I am very interested in the KB (researching blowers). I guess I may need you to help me out again. Thanks for the write-up!!!
I knew your username looked familiar! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Most excellent write-up!

Did you use the SCT Pro-Racer software when you dyno'ed it?

Is the "canned" KB tune in Pro-Racer Format?

AGAIN- Excellent How-To!!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Very nice write up Eric. I'm impressed. I can't wait till we can get that beast to the strip.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts